Laser printer is the way to go! Say no to inkjet!
Feb 26, 2006 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

kin0kin

Headphoneus Supremus
my 400 bucks canon photo printer's tank finally went dead. hooray! the catridge was expensive like hell and they run off really quickly. when I think about it...was kinda lame that i went by the idea of "look...i need a superb photo printer so that I can print my own photos!"
rolleyes.gif
i dun think i've printed more than 2 photos with my printer....inks are simply too expensive...
mad.gif

Just bought myself a samsung SCX4100 multi function laser printer...for CAD170 after tax. now I can scan, photocopy, and print uber fast non smearing/fading documents. sounds alot more practical
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 29
good post. Can anyone recommend a good color laser printer that prints good photo quality pictures?

Feb 26, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #3 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
good post. Can anyone recommend a good color laser printer that prints good photo quality pictures?

I used to work in a photo lab and I always reccomended people get their pictures done in in an actual photo lab. Photo lab prices (such as Walmart, Walgreen's, etc..) are so much cheaper in comparison with buying your own photo paper, printer, and then the toner/cartridges that go in them.

JD

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08
I used to work in a photo lab and I always reccomended people get their pictures done in in an actual photo lab. Photo lab prices (such as Walmart, Walgreen's, etc..) are so much cheaper in comparison with buying your own photo paper, printer, and then the toner/cartridges that go in them.

JD

not to mention the amount of time and ink wasted just to get them right. monitor and application color calibration is a PITA as well.

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #5 of 29
yep. i got a sturdy samsung laser printer from buy.com for 100 bucks that prints like a flash perfectly - for prints i go to the kodak store.

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #6 of 29
I also got a cheap $100 Samsung. When the OEM cartridge was empty, I went to ebay bought refill toner powder. Two 3000 pages refill for $10 + $10 shipping to canada
biggrin.gif
$20 for 6000 pages compared to $40 for I don't know 600 pages maybe for inkjet and that only black an other $50 for color (all CAD$)
eek.gif
Also refill was a breeze took 1 min just pop open the cap on the cartridge and fill in.

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #8 of 29
Which Canon printer were you using?
did you hear about the aftermarket ink carts?
I have an i960 and I buy carts off ebay for 2.15$ a piece inclu shipping (12 or 6 at a time). They are as good as Canon's.

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08

JD

I absolutely agree with this. The prints blow away any injet I've ever seen too. Near film print quality when I use my Digital Rebel and photoshop them properly.

Except don't use the quickie Kodak instant machines. They give too much of a "digial" look to them. Just go for the 1 hour prints. 17 cents each at Sam's Club. They're much better.

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3DCadman
I absolutely agree with this. The prints blow away any injet I've ever seen too. Near film print quality when I use my Digital Rebel and photoshop them properly.

Except don't use the quickie Kodak instant machines. They give too much of a "digial" look to them. Just go for the 1 hour prints. 17 cents each at Sam's Club. They're much better.

I don't agree with what you're saying, Have you seen the prints out of 6-8 tank Canon ?

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by btaki
I don't agree with what you're saying, Have you seen the prints out of 6-8 tank Canon ?

To be honest, no. That's why I said "that I've seen".

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #13 of 29
my canon is the 8-tank S900, used to be top of the range back then. They print really fine photos...but not worth it in the long run. Some of the photos i printed on the canon photo paper sample that came with it has faded...
rolleyes.gif

oh btw, there are also refills for toner...read post #6

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
my canon is the 8-tank S900, used to be top of the range back then. They print really fine photos...but not worth it in the long run. Some of the photos i printed on the canon photo paper sample that came with it has faded...
rolleyes.gif

oh btw, there are also refills for toner...read post #6

That's for the black toner, the refills for the color toners are really expensive.
The fading depends on the paper and how it was stored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back