Las Vegas: So damn hott that I have to run at 2am
Jul 3, 2007 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

Rise To The Top

1000+ Head-Fier
For the past few days its been so hot here that I have been forced to run at 2am instead of my usual 9pm. Back at home on the other hand, its 60 max during the day (coldest summer week in years), while its 113 here. When will the madness end? Why cant it go back to 105 like it was a week ago?

Jul 3, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #2 of 51
When you're begging for the good old days of 105, it's too damn hot.

I visited Phoenix once for a week and couldn't imagine living anywhere that it's 105 at midnight.

GAD

Jul 3, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #4 of 51
Ive postponed my 3rd trip to vegas this year until september because of the heat. On the weather channel, the north american map has shown vegas as dark red for over a month now. I know it will not be much better in Sept, but Im not even sure I could enjoymyself despite the heat right now.

Jul 3, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #5 of 51
I'll be in Vegas in 2 days for a wedding. I saw the forcast and it was over 110 all week
blink.gif

At least the humidity is under 5%

Jul 3, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #7 of 51
Last I checked Las Vegas is in the desert and the earth has gone through climate changes before I had an SUV.

Jul 3, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #8 of 51
At least you won't perspirate as much; sweat will evaporate the minute it comes out of your skin ;p At least that's what occurred to me during my stay in Phoenix.

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #9 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Global warming. If people don't realize that this is changing rapidly the face of earth soon it might be too late.

I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last I checked Las Vegas is in the desert and the earth has gone through climate changes before I had an SUV.

Please watch An Inconvenient Truth for the sake of future generations to come. Ignore the fact that Al Gore made it, and watch it with an open mind.

The thing that disgusts me the most about the new car gas mileage race is that in the '80s, Honda and Volkswagen both had cars getting over 50mpg (Honda CRX HF & VW Rabbit Diesel) and now it is amazing breakthrough technology when a car nears 40mpg. Also the complete and utter neglect of biodiesel in the US is just plain ignorant IMO.

edit : sorry to get so OT...

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #11 of 51
Let's not turn this into yet another endless environmental debate. Please.

GendoIkari: Do a search on Al Gore, Inconvenient Truth, SUV's, etc. and you'll find all the polarized discussion you'd ever want on the subject.

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #13 of 51
How cold does it get at 2am? LV is in the desert, so I'd imagine it gets pretty cold at night.

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #14 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How cold does it get at 2am? LV is in the desert, so I'd imagine it gets pretty cold at night.

It ranges from 90-100 degrees.
icon10.gif

Also, expect the 100+ degree temperatures to last throughout September which it will probably dip down to the 90's or so. Don't worry though, you'll get used to it after a couple years.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back