LaRocco site UPDATE!!! Is the Diablo just a small step away???
Jun 19, 2007 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

dr.morton

500+ Head-Fier
I could not believe my eyes, when I went to the LaRocco Audio site just for fun.
The site has been updated and the Diable even got his own presentation (after endloess months of "Coming soon")!
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #2 of 33
haha...he's just tiding people over cause he prolly saw the hate for the crap he's been up to on here.

Jun 19, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 33
Well, I think that update is rather old (maybe new by Larry's standards
biggrin.gif
), as it was posted along with the release date confusion a few weeks ago at Duncan's site.

I am off to sunny Croatia for a couple of weeks now and when I am back, I'll find a XIN Reference and a LaRocco Diablo in the box. Ätsch!

A dream is just dream...

Jun 19, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 33
I'll believe it when I'm listening to it. As of last news, he was supposedly doing the first run on 5/7 and shipping "shortly" thereafter...still waiting. Thank goodness for my Hornet.

Jun 19, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #6 of 33
Define "small step"
wink.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are all...so negative.

Well, when you spend $500 and wait month after month (some have waited more than a year...or is it two by now?) with nothing to show for it and no communication except for an occasional teaser posted in another forum, it's hard NOT to be negative. Actually, we're a pretty hopeful, or naive, group in that we still believe we will see our amps. Anybody else would have been sued by now. Come to think of it, we're either idiots or overachieving optimists.

Jun 19, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #12 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, we're a pretty hopeful, or naive, group in that we still believe we will see our amps. Anybody else would have been sued by now. Come to think of it, we're either idiots or overachieving optimists.

No one will argue that LaRocco takes a long time to deliver. I don't think people will argue either with the results once the product is delivered: amazing sound, exceptional design, top notch build quality.

To my knowledge they always come through...eventually. I went through the same thing with my PRII and PSR (though those took less time than the Diablo).

Jun 19, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #13 of 33
I bought my PRII used, so that was easy
icon10.gif
I just waited three months to get my amp back from Mikhail (totally frustrating...and totally worth it). Xin amps are a wait. I know someone who waited for a new special order Eddie Currant amp for months longer than expected. How long was it that people waited for the Aristaeus? I think most of us know what we're getting into with some (not all) of these single owner/builder 'boutique' operations, especially when the amp isn't built until after the bill has been paid, AND we're willing to do it because we love the way it sounds when we get it. The Diablo, however, is an extreme case, and the hardest thing to take is the almost total lack of communication, even if it is just to explain, yet again, what the delay is about. It's one thing to have difficulties bringing out a product, but another to blow off your loyal customers by not letting them know where things stand, even if it's just a monthly update....geeez....somthing...anything. With that said, I'm still waiting...and hopeful.

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #14 of 33
Why is it some people never seem to get it? LaRocco audio has had this lack of communication and over promise on deliveries problems for years now and they continue to burn their bridges with customers. Then again, why should they change as long as people continue to do business with them? Lucky for their business model and all of us audiophiles, they make a great product........when it is finally delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back