LaRocco Audio's Headcode Dual Mono
Jun 26, 2005 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

bahamaman

1000+ Head-Fier
. . . arrived this morning! I was like a kid at Christmas, furiously unwrapping, so many layers of protection it was like one of those Russian nesting dolls I thought I'd never get through it all, and then finally . . .

100_0953.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of my photo. If you want to see something of much better quality, try this link:

Headcode pre-production pic

You want to know the definition of frustration? Your dream amp lands at your door at about the same time when your hearing is impaired by some sort of ridiculous blockage of the eustation tubes! But even with my hearing tainted, I could immediately notice on the inaugural cut (Joe Sample's "Rainbow Seeker") the presence of musical information that hadn't ever revealed itself prior to the Headcode. There appeared as well to be a degree of laser-sharp definition that was lacking in the Benchmark DAC1's very credible internal amp (my point of comparison).

Thanks to Larry and Phil at LaRocco Audio. Larry was more than patient with my many questions and always responded quickly to my emails. I have been completely impressed by his professionalism throughout the entire buying process.

More impressions will have to await the resolution of my medical problem. Because this is so, I am especially excited that a number of you will be able to listen first hand to this beautiful beast at our Ft. Worth meet.

Jun 26, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 33
good ol imageshack ... yeah cant wait till mines done just need to do the enclosure ... did i mention mine will be 4 inches tall eheh?

Jun 26, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
More impressions will have to await the resolution of my medical problem. Because this is so, I am especially excited that a number of you will be able to listen first hand to this beautiful beast at our Ft. Worth meet.

At least it's looking superb....must be very frustating indeed.

Get well soon.

Amicalement

Jun 26, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #4 of 33
Thanks, Genetic. I go to an ENT Dr. soon for treatment.

xtreme4099 - I guess mine will then be Headcode, Jr.
wink.gif
Can't wait to hear your impressions of the Triad. I haven't yet asked Larry if I could one day upgrade, though at this point that would seem to be overkill.
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2005 at 5:23 AM Post #6 of 33
Congrats on your new amp! Also like the wire guiding, Overall looks awesome. How does it sound?!

Jun 26, 2005 at 7:37 AM Post #7 of 33
Little J040 - even though the previously mentioned hearing problems prevent me from posting complete impressions, a night of near non-stop listening has demonstrated that the Headcode has an extraordinary ability to deliver detail on an order I've not previously experienced. At the same time, it never loses its musicality or overall listenability.

Why else would I go to sleep at 11:00 p.m. and awaken at 2:30 in the morning just for the chance to hear more out of this wondrous piece of equipment?
wink.gif

Jun 26, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #8 of 33
Haha I see you have the Disease too.
smily_headphones1.gif
Cheers and enjoy!

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #10 of 33
I should be getting mine today. Will post some impressions shortly.

Jun 28, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #11 of 33
Gorgeous amp bahamaman
cool.gif

We really need to get some comparisons of headcode vs. dynahi.
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #13 of 33
philodox - I would anticipate beginning to see some comparisons about July 24, after gsferrari's Dynahi and my Headcode make a joint appearance at the Fort Worth meet.
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #14 of 33
Excellent.
340smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back