Largest DAP in term of storage?
Aug 14, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #5 of 34
If you can find one that uses a 2.5" laptop harddrive disk (HDD), then you could always replace the harddrive with the largest available on the market. I believe the biggest now is 250GB and getting larger every month. Noted, these will be slightly bigger then the newer slimer DAPs we are use to now. However, the newer DAPs use 1.8" drives.

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by yobs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe in october, the Pacemaker is coming out with 120gb. Looks interesting to say the least.

Really? It seems like concept product from that site.
confused.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can find one that uses a 2.5" laptop harddrive disk (HDD), then you could always replace the harddrive with the largest available on the market. I believe the biggest now is 250GB and getting larger every month. Noted, these will be slightly bigger then the newer slimer DAPs we are use to now. However, the newer DAPs use 1.8" drives.

good point. the creative Zen Xtra uses a 2.5" drive, i believe.

Aug 14, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? It seems like concept product from that site.
confused.gif

Somehow i dont think that product is going to materialize anytime soon.

Aug 14, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by yobs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe in october, the Pacemaker is coming out with 120gb. Looks interesting to say the least.

i wonder if its aptly named the pacemaker, as when you find out the price....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #10 of 34
even if you dont feel the urge to go with a 2.5 drive even toshiba makes a 100gb 1.8 now which you can pretty much throw into any dap [ipod, iaudio etc] so that wont limit your selection of a dap, if you are happy with only a mere 100gb that is
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by steaxauce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Pacemaker has materialized, it's being beta tested, and it will be coming out in October. I've heard there will also be an audiophile version!

Some kind of digital out (coaxial, RCA, optical?) on the audiophile version?

Aug 14, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #14 of 34
I have no idea. All I know is what I read in this thread. I would love to see a digital output as well, but I'm not holding my breath. Optical is not used in pro audio, so there probably won't be a mini-optical output like what was in the iRiver, and any other type of s/pdif or AES would require another connection that would take up more space and make the pacemaker bigger. Maybe they could have it output through USB, and sell an optional USB->s/pdif or AES converter? I wish...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back