Large Difference between 80GB Classic and 3rd Gen 32GB Touch
Jan 6, 2010 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

xguntherc

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I know this has been discussed here a lot, and that many different ipods have a much different sound. Including even the same model, like the 2008 vs 2009 Classic. even when same size and everything. it's really weird to think that it's either a QC issue, or really they are using that many different types of parts in there California Designed, China Made iPods!

I recently got my brand new UE Triple.Fi 10's made into Customs. Seen in the fisher thread as the TF10-C Phones. I've been messing around with the different ipods I have access to, and my 32GB 3rd Gen ipod Touch works great. With ZERO music playing, or while paused, on full or no volume. I hear zero sounds coming from the little device in my ears, no buzzing or anything.

In a 2008 80GB Classic I actually get a very, very noticeable buzzing and whining noise from.. enough that once I noticed it well, I couldn't use it at all. It happened all the time.

I then used my brothers 80GB 2009 Classic and I had zero problems except for it buzzed very very lightly while plugged into my PA2v2..

Is this really that common to have that type of thing happen. I used to have my own 80GB classic I mainly used in car and at home on stereo. so I don't know if it had this issue. it was the oldest of the 2 I also tested so i don't know... I just found this odd and was hoping a few others could add there thoughts. or comments.

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 2
The ipod touch has flash memory and the classic has a hard drive. Could that be the difference.. nothing to buzz and whir.

I have an iphone 3gs with 32g of flash memory... and... tentatively... I think it sounds better than either of my 160 classics or my earlier 80 classic. I cant test it with my wadia transport, and get a clear impression, since it picks up what all phones pick up. I'd love to try an recent ipod touch thru my system with my best phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back