Laptops + K701's + money = ??
Jul 21, 2008 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

audible

Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on using my laptop to stream FLAC's to a pair of K701's.

My problem now, is with a 300-400 dollar budget, what's the best way to make the 701's sing?

I looked at the Travagan White's and Fubar III, and they both seem like easy to use easy to implement solutions to my problem. I've also considered hooking a USB to S/PDIF converter to a Zero DAC and calling it a day, but not sure if it's a prudent solution.

A cookie and a warm pat on the back to the best solution!

Jul 21, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 4
Could always try a Keces DAC and hooking it up to a little dot mkV, which would be close to your budget limit.

I have crossed out fubar on my want list, as well as travagans. Can't say why specifically, only that i am inclined to do so after reading so many posts on the forum website.

Jul 21, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 4
Portable or desktop? Heck, I would consider selling you an iBasso D1 with several op amps for rolling well within your budget. This amp is portable, can drive high impedence headphones and is like a 'Swiss Army knife' of portables with optical, digital, USB and analog inputs. Sounds great, rolling of op amps can narrow down on your sound signature and long battery life makes this a killer amp. I often will use it as a stand-alone DAC; not many portables can do that.

Jul 21, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 4
I was hoping for a desktop one (since 701's are allegedly hard to push with a portable).

I am trying to maximize the sound of the 701's without breaking the bank...there are some other things in life worth paying for first! (like bills
tongue.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back