Laptop to Receiver = Terrible Sound. What up?
Oct 10, 2011 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sophiesophie

New Head-Fier
Help me!  Help me!  I've connected my laptop to my receiver via the laptop headphone jack, and RCA connectors through the receiver's CD input.  I'm playing iTunes, and the sound through the headphone jack of the receiver is perfect, but the speakers connected to my receiver sound horrible!

What's up, good people of head-fi?

Oct 10, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 7
Which receiver you have? 

Oct 10, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 7
How loud do you have the volume on the laptop, and how do you have the eq set? I used to do exactly what you did, and if the volume was set too high, or eq was boosted, I got horrible distortion. 

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #6 of 7
Does the receiver have an auxiliary input? If so, have you tried it there? I am not saying it would help, but you never know. You have to try everything, and work by process of elimination. Have you lowered the volume on ITunes? or is that at full blast? 

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #7 of 7
You should get a proper dac, using a laptops headphone jack is bad idea because of high noise and disortion its a headphone jack with a headphone amp designed to drive headphones not give the correct output for a speaker amp, something like the htr music streamer will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back