Laptop Speakers
Sep 4, 2008 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

samtheman11

New Head-Fier
This is a repost: my earlier thread was in the wrong section I now realize.

Hey everyone, I've been reading posts on this forum all day and I'm now ready to ask my question:

I'm heading off to college, and I'm not bringing my stereo, just a laptop and speakers. A relative has graciously offered to buy me laptop speakers for a graduation gift, as long as they're sub-$250ish. Thus as long as it's below that, price/value is really a non-issue. Also, I need something fairly portable and since I leave soon, I don't have any time to put together a great sounding custom system.

So after my research, it would appear my best options would be:
Klipsch 2.1 Promedia
Bose Companion 3s (Yes, I know. "Bose sucks." But at this price point everything sucks, it's comparative sound quality I'm concerned with).
Audioengine A2

I know there's some other stuff by Logitech, etc...but those appear to be the most well liked. By the way I listen to mostly Jazz (I need articulate, strong bass, but not necessarily huge and thumping). So, please advise a newbie?

Thanks a lot,
Sam.

Sep 4, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #3 of 4
maybe check out some studio monitors (for instance maudio bx5a) the bass might be lacking a little bit, but it's not horrible and the rest of the spectrum really shines. also, i'm thinking the bass will be better than the audioengine anyway so that might not be much of an issue for you.

studio monitors may not be for you though, a lot of people don't like them because they're too flat. i'd check them out before you buy, but if you want really clean sound monitors are the way to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back