Laptop sound, I got 100$. What do I do?
Jan 14, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardHeadCase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not a One! Some people will tell you to build your own but if that is not your thing then the Bithead cant be beat in that price range.

What about the E-MU 0404 USB? Technically, it's Creative, but the drivers are simple and well done. I'm not sure about the current level of Vista support; I s'pose the BitHead has the advantage of using the basic USB audio driver of both OSs.

Jan 14, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #32 of 37
For me my headphone knowledge extends as far as using IEMs with portable music players (Eg: CX300s with an ipod).

In the near future I'll probably get a Bithead along with a pair of quality headphones (Sennheiser HD line most likely. HD650 would be awesome but I might go for something cheaper). I'm just wondering but would this Bithead fella be decent enough to power those kind of headphones as I've read something along the lines of them requiring quite a bit of juice to sound optimized. Or should I be looking at something else? I don't want to get headphones that I can't listen through at their top quality.

Jan 14, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #33 of 37
I think having native USB drivers is the best way to eliminate one set of problems. You can use the Bithead with the 650s but they really need a better amp. You would want something more like the Pico for that. Its 5 bills and it has an upsampling DAC so it can be used with DVD-Audio and other High Bit Rate audio files. And the Amp is amazing. You dont need to stay with low end headphones though. Grado makes alot of 32 ohm headphones and they would work well out of the Bithead.

Jan 16, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #34 of 37
I purchased the Creative Sound Blaster USB 24/96khz and was not at all impressed. However, I already have an Analogue Devices, SoundMax 20 bit internal native sound card which sounds amazing to these old golden ears
smily_headphones1.gif
One more thing 128 bits is just fine I cannot tell the difference when adding or subtracting bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back