Laptop / iPad 2 compatible amp / dac combo
Sep 28, 2011 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sonance

500+ Head-Fier
After doing some searches are reading a few threads, I saw some information here and there regarding usb amps that work through the iPad's camera connection kit, and some dedicated iDevice -> SPDIF convertors like the Algorythm, but I'm definitely more interested in the former, not least because I'd also like something that works with a regular laptop, while still keeping things in the triple digits, but other than that, I'm open to budget as long as I can see the value in the device(s).

My iPad 2 is jailbroken, in case that helps in any way. While I'd consider something that requires a powered hub or one of those fake powered hub tricks, I'm hoping there's something self powered, reasonably compact and sweet sounding that's iPad 2 compatible.

Headphones are a diverse mix, but this will mostly be a work setup, so I doubt I'l be taking my HD800s or LCD-2 in every day, more likely it will be DT-880s or HD-650s, although I'll probably be looking into closed full sized headphones such as DT1350s or maybe Denon D7000s.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back