laptop internal speakers
May 22, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #3 of 7
i see, no wonder... i was just casually listening but always thought they sounded harsh, my dx100 has been down for a while (just got it back today) and i dont have a desktop setup so no choice but to use laptop internal speakers. i however, was in no way blasting and was listening in very low volume but still found them to sound quite harsh

May 23, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #4 of 7
i mean some are worse than others but they are always compromised.  laptops are a terrible shape, the thinner the laptop the more compromised (same reason all flat TV's have awefull sound) plus the manufacturers dont spend any money on them.  if you want laptops with less terrible speakers your talking big, big 17/18 inch desktop replacements that can put something bigger in.  butt they will still suck.

i take it a little pair of desktop speakers arent an option then?  or if you have a hifi there you could hook that up to the laptop

May 23, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
i mean some are worse than others but they are always compromised.  laptops are a terrible shape, the thinner the laptop the more compromised (same reason all flat TV's have awefull sound) plus the manufacturers dont spend any money on them.  if you want laptops with less terrible speakers your talking big, big 17/18 inch desktop replacements that can put something bigger in.  butt they will still suck.

i take it a little pair of desktop speakers arent an option then?  or if you have a hifi there you could hook that up to the laptop

i have a cheap set of 20 bucks altec lansing desktop speakers which consists of a pair of left and right speakers and a subwoofer but i usually carry my laptop around the house and dont stay in one place but anyway, got my dx100 back so yeah, no more music from comp lol

May 23, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #6 of 7
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back