Laptop - <????> - Grado 325is -Please help guys :)
Nov 6, 2006 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bpower

100+ Head-Fier
I need your help guys.
I've decided (for now at least) to get a Head5 cos I hear it goes well with the 325is. I want to bypass the headphone jack on my laptop. Can some suggest a good device to connect from a USB port to the H5? Should I consider get upgraded cables to link it all together?

Also how would this setup compare to ..

Total Bithead - Cheapest and portable, great customer service
PORTA CORDA MkIII-USB - Slightly more expensive,portable, better sound/fit with 325is?
CORDA ARIA - Very expensive, seems mad to spend that much on an amp, but Im open to persuasion.

I also have a Zen Micro, thats why the portability is a plus, but tbh I'm happy with the way it drives the px100s so it's no biggie.

Any help is much appreciated.

Brian

Nov 6, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 8
I use an M-Audio Transit from USB to amp. Works like a charm with any amp. Should be perfect for Head5 + SR325i. The warm sound signature of the Head5 will be a perfect combination with your SR325i.
My computer setup is: Transit > Amity HPA4S > modded SR325i. Sounds great.

Nov 6, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #3 of 8
the audiophile usb is pretty good for a soundcard.

Nov 6, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks guys, but neither of those support Windows Media Center Edition (which i have for some dumb reason).

Any other suggestion?

Anybody have an opinion on my other options?

Nov 7, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpower
Thanks guys, but neither of those support Windows Media Center Edition (which i have for some dumb reason).

Any other suggestion?

Anybody have an opinion on my other options?

confused.gif
Are you saying the Transit isn't supported by MCE? If it works on XP, then it will work on Windows Media Center Edition. I'm using the Transit on Windows MCE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back