Laptop ->echo indigo (DJ) ->?-> maudio BX5A
Dec 31, 2006 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

libertine

Head-Fier
Hi,

I don't have a lot of experience, but was going to get a echo indigo soundcard and and a pair of maudio bx5a monitors. I know that the indigo has a built in amp, but as I am running this from my laptop will this amp be able to drive the bx5a? Do I need anything else?

The setup will be used exclusively for listening to music (or 320 or loseless), so if anyone has any other solutions (soundcard,etc) or can suggest what i need to get the best out of the above solution I would appreciate the help.

Dec 31, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 4
I just look up BX5A and the speakers are active, i.e. they come with their own internal amplifier. So, you can just connect the out from Echo Indigo DJ to the speakers.

Jan 1, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes, that's no problem. Just be sure not to use the line-out, otherwise you could kill your new monitors if the digital volume control is at 0db. It should be better to use the Indigo's output that can be adjusted with the Indigo's analog volume wheel. I'm simply using my Indigo (original version, not the DJ) with a nice pair of Genelec 8040s and the result is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back