Laptop dac
Dec 29, 2016 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ClintonL

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys looking for a cheap but decent laptop dac for my dunu dn-1000's. I've got a fiio e17 at the moment but it's kinda bulky. I'm looking at the hifimediy sabre but open to other options. Budget is $100 USD. Just wondering would the sabre be better than my fiio e17?

Cheers

Dec 30, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #2 of 9
The Dragonfly Black would definitely fit your needs. It's the size of a USB stick. I can't think of anything smaller than that.

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 9
Would you reccomend the fiio q1 or hifimediy sabre?
At this price range I doubt there will be too much difference. Save your money for better headphones or earphones whichever you choose.

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 9
At this price range I doubt there will be too much difference. Save your money for better headphones or earphones whichever you choose.

Agree with buke9. Unless you have some underlying issue with your laptop, like noise floor, I wouldn't really buy a DAC/Amp. If you really want it for convenience purpose, that is of course your choice but don't expect a much of a different between different DAC/Amp at this price point.

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #8 of 9
Your number one upgrade is headphones or earphones then amp and then Dac. It just revolves on the pain you want to spend.

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #9 of 9
  Hey guys looking for a cheap but decent laptop dac for my dunu dn-1000's. I've got a fiio e17 at the moment but it's kinda bulky. I'm looking at the hifimediy sabre but open to other options. Budget is $100 USD. Just wondering would the sabre be better than my fiio e17?

I wouldn't bet on it being better. Since you're using it with a laptop, I'd be more inclined to get a new laptop bag so it won't be so bulky to lug around than change the DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back