Laptop audio vs. Sansa Clip+
Oct 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BenAdamson

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I am planning on buying some Sony MDR ZX700s, and wondered: is there much of a difference between the sound quality of my laptop (lenovo thinkpad E520) and my sansa clip+. I am using Foobar with FLAC files (with the same FLAC files loaded onto my Clip+'s microSD). Is this difference noticeable really at the SQ of the ZX700s? They are meant to be some of the best semiportable sub £100 headphones.

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #2 of 8
Forgot to say, my laptop uses the Conexant 20671 Smart Audio HD sound card. I dunno how much this affects the quality of the output.

Oct 9, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #3 of 8
ThinkPads are not known for their soundcards, my W510 has horrible sound no matter what I do, it might suitable for cheap EIM's and the built in speakers, but that's it.
The only reason ThinkPads have sound at all, is so they can beep if there is an error and work with video conferences and such.

Oct 9, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #4 of 8
Hmm, well I don't notice any static when I have my RE-ZERO IEMs plugged into the laptop, and surely the fact that I am using lossless files in FB2K means that there isn't any difference between that and any other sound card - I have read that the only real difference high quality sound cards make is if you are recording or producing music (better buffer or something), or doing 3d gaming (better soundstage).

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #5 of 8
Well you need to read around the forum, pretty much everyone, including me, keep bashing integrated soundcards, with very good reason, they simply sound awful.

Oct 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #6 of 8
Ok, I'll take that into consideration.

Oct 9, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #8 of 8
I couldn't find a decent place that has it in stock (for the UK).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back