Lance Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life from cycling, etc.
Jan 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #122 of 134
Wonder what WarriorAnt has to say now.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #123 of 134
Quote:
Yes, the US Anti Doping Agency (USADA) reported that the likelihood of his blood levels occuring naturally (in 2009 and 2010) was one in a million.

It's pretty obvious that Lance Armstrong is a pathological liar, and as such it's not really surprising that he can't help lying even amidst a full confession.

The scoundrel and a notorious liar was not cheating in 2009 and 2010,
one must be drunk or kidding saying something like this!

Please read this

Quote:
Wiggins Convinced Armstrong Doped in 2009

LONDON (AP) — Bradley Wiggins is convinced Lance Armstrong doped when the American returned to cycling in 2009, claiming he was robbed of being feted on the podium in the Tour de France that year.

Armstrong has confessed to doping during all seven of his Tour wins from 1999-2005, but insisted he raced clean when he made his comeback in 2009.

Wiggins, the current Tour de France champion, finished behind Armstrong in fourth in '09 but has his suspicions after racing alongside the American in key mountain stages.

Wiggins, speaking at a Team Sky training camp in Mallorca, says, "I saw at the top of the Verbier in 2009, to the man I saw at the top of the Ventoux ... it wasn't the same bike rider."

From http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/01/25/world/europe/ap-cyc-wiggins-armstrong.html

This jerk, liar and cheater destroyed lives of some people who were trying
to tell the truth about his doping.
He intimidated, threatened and sued them. The scoundrel  had millions of dollars
and could afford any lawyers.
It was prohibitively expensive and therefore impossible to reveal the truth about this jerk.

He was the undisputed ringleader and kingpin of a highly sophisticated  doping system in any sports.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #124 of 134
Armstrong is just one of hundreds. I am just glad that an American had the balls to go public and admit it on TV and said that he did it and admit it's wrong. Most low key riders just get banned for a few months or a year then go back to riding, when they get caught. 

Look at Contador for example, crying on TV, saying he hasn't doped etc. I remember watching Wiggins back when he appeared all of a sudden at the front of the peleton, keeping up with Armstrong and Contador, and thought yeah, he must be on something. I doubt he'll have the balls to admit it though. Hundreds of riders over the decades never admitted and don't even have the guts to speak honestly about it. 

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #125 of 134
Quote:
Armstrong is just one of hundreds. I am just glad that an American had the balls to go public and admit it on TV and said that he did it and admit it's wrong. Most low key riders just get banned for a few months or a year then go back to riding, when they get caught. 

Look at Contador for example, crying on TV, saying he hasn't doped etc. I remember watching Wiggins back when he appeared all of a sudden at the front of the peleton, keeping up with Armstrong and Contador, and thought yeah, he must be on something. I doubt he'll have the balls to admit it though. Hundreds of riders over the decades never admitted and don't even have the guts to speak honestly about it. 

I strongly disagree. Please read my post #123 above:

- Lance Armstrong destroyed carriers and/or lives of some people
who were trying to tell the truth about his doping and the whole system.
- He was the ringleader and kingpin of the doping organization in Tour de France.
- He intimidated, threatened and sued them.
The scoundrel  had millions of dollars and could afford any lawyers.
It was prohibitively expensive and therefore impossible to reveal the truth about this jerk.

So there's a huge difference between this scoundrel and jerk called Lance Armstrong
and the hundreds of others.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #126 of 134
Yeah he did other things that were bad, but he knows it was wrong and apologised for that, at least. The fact is, he did a lot of good with his Livestrong foundation and the work for cancer. 

I stopped liking cycling a few years ago, as I knew it's not a fair sport. Lance Armstrong is the one who although caused a lot of havoc, did a lot of good with the fame and money he got. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #127 of 134
Yeah he did other things that were bad, but he knows it was wrong and apologised for that, at least. The fact is, he did a lot of good with his Livestrong foundation and the work for cancer. 

I stopped liking cycling a few years ago, as I knew it's not a fair sport. Lance Armstrong is the one who although caused a lot of havoc, did a lot of good with the fame and money he got. 

Not only all that, but he did more for cancer research than anyone ever has. But due to his incredible athleticism, got singled out and found guilty of using performance enhancing drugs just like every cyclist at the top uses. You cannot compete at that level without them. It's the simple truth.

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #128 of 134
Quote:
Not only all that, but he did more for cancer research than anyone ever has. But due to his incredible athleticism, got singled out and found guilty of using performance enhancing drugs just like every cyclist at the top uses. You cannot compete at that level without them. It's the simple truth.

Victor Conte has stated the same thing. Track and field, cycling, baseball… its everywhere. Its too easy to not get caught. Not that I really care, if athletes want to take PEDs then let them, who cares, its not like they aren't taking them already lol.

People would rather see an athlete on PEDs crushing records than a clean athlete performing just ok. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #129 of 134
How can that be an excuse? There is others that do it so it´s okay for me. It´s a explanation of doing anything to win at best. Everyone don´t do drugs but sure they are at a disadvantage and has to be better then the cheaters.
I find it strange that so many have sympathy with people taking short cuts :)

Anyway I don´t think it´s the right way to legalize substances like this. They are not health pills! Competition at this level is no health care anyway but that´s another story.
Also it cost money and knowledge to dope the best so it makes for an even more uneven playfield.
People want their winners surely that is why some really want to defend even the worst offenders like this I recon. It would be better if those that love
the sport more then anything could win though.

I think a lot watch sports for the competition. There is many world records in athletics that is most likely set by athelites on steroids that didn´t get caught. Still it´s great to see great results by todays
standards. Even if we get fewer world records then we should due to athletics after all being cleaner then they used to. It´s a healthy sign when you see cheaters being caught regularly as they will always be there.
But why make them the norm?

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #130 of 134
You're completely right! That is not an excuse. It's just the environment, and situational reality - and it is a shame. The real shame is the millions and millions cancer research will be denied now. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #131 of 134
He's been banned for cheating in cycling (sports) and not for charity efforts.

Let me mention one thing. Many people were saying:

Quote:
He never tested positive. He was never caught, etc. I believe him, etc.

But I wonder what are those people saying now - see some posts in this thread -
after the kingpin of doping  and notorious liar admitted cheating.

What a contradiction:
never caught vs. admitting that he used blood transfusions, and other illegal substances for over a decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back