Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness
Nov 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

max pl

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone have her album and has listened to this song?

The quality is so poor and I'd like to know if its just me, or if really was recorded this poorly.

Thanks.

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 17
It's not the quality of the recording that turns me off. I'm just not a fan of the music.

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

I believe that you will like La Sera better than Lana Del Rey, somehow I manage to get these two names mixed up, really weird, but you will like the La Sera album better, me thinks :)

Okay, I think I've got this straight. 
smile.gif
 There is this record that has the song "Summertime Sadness" on it:

And then there is this record:

And in some ways based on somewhat similar artist names and a weird similarity in the cover art, it may be possible to confuse these two records (if one doesn't listen to them.) Am I right? Are these the records we are discussing?

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Okay, I think I've got this straight. 
smile.gif
 There is this record that has the song "Summertime Sadness" on it:

And then there is this record:

And in some ways based on somewhat similar artist names and a weird similarity in the cover art, it may be possible to confuse these two records (if one doesn't listen to them.) Am I right? Are these the records we are discussing?

Yup, you got it right, or almost :) There are indeed some weird similarities regarding cover art, name of artist. But it is up to the beholder of the ears to decide which one is preferable. I do think you will like La Sera, although they both look attractive,,, at least the way I see it :)

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #7 of 17
Okay, well, I apologize to any fans of Lana Del Ray; but in my personal opinion, that is one truly horrible record. Of course I only spent about three minutes listening to it, but that was all I could take...

I gave a quick listen to some of La Sera's record, and that one may have some merit. The jury's still out and I'll have to come back to it... 

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #8 of 17
so your opinion means absolutely nothing is what youre saying?

listening to something for 3 minutes and you hate the record?

okay buddy.

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:
so your opinion means absolutely nothing is what youre saying?

listening to something for 3 minutes and you hate the record?

okay buddy.

Sometimes it only takes three minutes to reach a conclusive verdict.

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #10 of 17
to me it means its not your type of music, and not that the record is bad, because it isnt.

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #11 of 17
Sticking to Lana Del Ray...

She can't sing. Her lyrics are mostly dreadful. The mastering is over-compressed to the point of obvious distortion. And I don't even care much for her looks.

But I love this album, one of my favourites from last year. Definitely the one most played in the car, even though I usually skip half the tracks. Summertime Sadness is one of the tracks I never skip.

It helps to listen to it in an "ironic" manner (it also helps to put "ironic" in quotes). Let the loud, over-compressed sound become part of the charm. And the more people that slag her off, the more her charm grows. Anyone tried her recent Paradise re-issue, with several extra tracks?

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:
Sticking to Lana Del Ray...

She can't sing. Her lyrics are mostly dreadful. The mastering is over-compressed to the point of obvious distortion. And I don't even care much for her looks.

But I love this album, one of my favourites from last year. Definitely the one most played in the car, even though I usually skip half the tracks. Summertime Sadness is one of the tracks I never skip.

It helps to listen to it in an "ironic" manner (it also helps to put "ironic" in quotes). Let the loud, over-compressed sound become part of the charm. And the more people that slag her off, the more her charm grows. Anyone tried her recent Paradise re-issue, with several extra tracks?

Yes, I must say I'm also a fan, despite the recording quality or lack thereof. She has a kind of vintage-mixed-with-current style, and I like it.

Enjoying all of her songs, but particularly Blue Jeans and American from the Paradise re-issue.

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #15 of 17
I have to admit I fell in love with Lana Del Rey ever since I heard RIDE for the first time. I think she is a true artist connecting to her feelings in a way we do not see often in pop-music today. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back