lame 3.95.1 and winamp - help quick
Mar 30, 2004 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

eddycha

New Head-Fier
hey

i use winamp 5.03 to rip my files. yesterday i ripped a load of files. I realise that LAME 3.95.1 is the codec installed with winamp and that it is not thoroughly tested.

But i ripped an album (ET soundtrack) and on all of th songs which end loudly and then stop suddenly, there is a small blip of noise (which sounds like a small section from 1 second previously being replayed suddenly).

Is this a problem with LAME or winamp (the same blip occurs in playback with WMP). Has anyone experienced this and can anyone else verify the tested version of lame in which this deffinately does not happen, as i want to start ripping my collection using alt preset standard and tho the rest of the song sounds perfect, this little blip fecks me off
tongue.gif

Please give me your thoughts

ed

p.s. btw it also seems to make the length of the song about 5 seconds shorter than it actually is, so the player gets to the end of the registered length and then it continues playing for 5 or so seconds? is this new or an old problem with players using VBR?

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 3
Make sure you don't have crossfade or other output plugins enabled.
BTW, I would not recommend ripping with Winamp. The basic function of Winamp is playback.
Try using EAC for ripping.

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, stick with EAC + LAME and your problems should be off...
Especially if your CDs are scratched, EAC is the best way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back