Lambda Signature: Pro or No?
Nov 20, 2004 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

wualta

Orthodynamic Supremus
Dumb question: Since back in the '80s Stax was making Lambdas in Pro bias and nonPro bias flavors, was there ever such a thing as a Lambda Signature that did NOT take the 580v bias? That is, were all pre-Nova Lambda headphones labeled "Signature" high bias, which is to say, Pro?

The reason this question can come up at all is that the Stax site doesn't explicitly call the Lambda Signature a Pro.

Walt Brand

Nov 22, 2004 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 5
The lambda came out in 1979 and the lambda pro bias model in 1982. By 1985 they had an SRX-III pro and the gamma pro. The signature came out in 1987 and I believe that it was pro only.

Peter

May 7, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 5
Dumb question: Since back in the '80s Stax was making Lambdas in Pro bias and nonPro bias flavors, was there ever such a thing as a Lambda Signature that did NOT take the 580v bias? That is, were all pre-Nova Lambda headphones labeled "Signature" high bias, which is to say, Pro?

The reason this question can come up at all is that the Stax site doesn't explicitly call the Lambda Signature a Pro.

Walt Brand
The only headphone in the Lambda family that features Normal bias (if I remember correctly it's 150V) is the SR-Lambda.
The Lambda Professional, on the other hand, is Stax's first headphone to adopt Pro bias (580V). Subsequent models in the Lambda series also use Pro bias.
You can refer to this website for more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Stax_products.

I came across these information because a friend lent me a pair of Lambda Pro recently, and I looked up some information while writing my review

May 8, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #4 of 5
I think normal bias was 230V for Stax headphones and pro bias 580V.

May 8, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #5 of 5
I think normal bias was 230V for Stax headphones and pro bias 580V.
Ah, yes! Thanks for correcting me! I mixed up the bias of the SR-Lambda with the SR-1's bias, they were both called 'Normal bias', but the one on SR-1 is 150v while on Lambda it's 230v

Users who are viewing this thread

Back