Lambda Pro w/KGSS?
May 22, 2006 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TomH

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone using/heard this combination? Thinking of going over the Cliffs of Insanity. Possibly later side/upgrade to OIIs. I'm reasonably happy with the SRD-7 Pro but have found these cans respond to every single improvement in the chain and suspect they might have a lot more to give.

May 22, 2006 at 6:49 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by TomH
Anyone using/heard this combination? Thinking of going over the Cliffs of Insanity. Possibly later side/upgrade to OIIs. I'm reasonably happy with the SRD-7 Pro but have found these cans respond to every single improvement in the chain and suspect they might have a lot more to give.

If you decide to sell the SRD-7 Pro, I'll buy it off you.

The transformer boxes simply carry the sound quality of your amplifier, with some sound degradation caused by the transformers, capacitors, etc. If you have a really good amp then the transformer boxes can sound very very good, but if you simply have an average to good amp, the KGSS will likely sound better.

May 23, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #3 of 4
try it before you buy it....

i dont have a kgss, but i do have a couple others:
srm-717 &srm-t1
i prefer the tubes for my lambdas. they are a little less simbilant (word check: when you say the letter "s" and hear the hisssssss) with the tube amp.

it really could be any number of things, but eeh, try it to see if you like it.

May 23, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #4 of 4
I've heard a lot of conflicting opinions about the transformer boxes so of course the only way to know is to experiment. Next Cinci meet maybe someone will bring a KGSS or other dedicated estat amp, and I can lug the Lambda Pro set up and a loudspeaker amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back