Lakers vs. Kings - Best playoff ever??
Jun 3, 2002 at 4:24 AM Post #46 of 50
I don't know if the Kings looked all that ugly, until they got to the stripe. You cannot expect to beat the defending champs when you miss 50% of your free throws. There is a reason they call them free throws.

We are proud of the progress the Kings have made, and look forward to next year........but DAMN!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

Jun 3, 2002 at 5:06 AM Post #47 of 50
Woohoo, go Lakers!
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2002 at 5:11 AM Post #48 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by grancasa
Well, the Kings managed to look damn ugly. Those airballs at the end were just nasty! Jackson was hot, Bibby was hot, and it was interesting to see Weber up against Shaq (I think he did a nice job). But when crunch time came, the Kings couldn't hold it together. It was a damn exciting game though.
biggrin.gif

Granted, the Kings free throw shooting was atrocious, but I would just like to see the Lakers play by the same rules as everyone else -- Vlade's last two fouls were disgraceful
frown.gif

Note to the Nets: do NOT touch ANY part of Kobe's elbow. If the elbow is coming towards you, MOVE out of the way. Any contact with said elbow is considered to be a foul according to the NBA rulebook.

As someone who didn't see the Kings play too much this year, I came away with three things:

1) The Kings are a great team, and clearly a better team than the Lakers IMO -- they have more talent top-to-bottom, play better defense, and play more as a team.

2) Mike Bibby is the real deal. Jason Williams was fun to watch, but he didn't make the Kings any better. Bibby was a STEAL.

3) Chris Webber has matured quite a bit over the last few years, and anyone who thinks he's just a big-mouthed stat guy didn't watch the playoffs. IMO he's one of the best players in the NBA -- great rebounder (watch his positioning; he actually boxes out), phenomenal passer (he gives up the ball more than any other PF), great shooter (especially from 20' in), quick, good defender (he did a great job on Shaq, despite some cheap fouls called on hiim), and a good ball handler. He was a real leader for the Kings this series, as well.

I've been a Bulls fan all my life, but living in the Bay Area, I plan on going to see this team play next season.

Too bad they won't be playing in the Finals -- they certainly deserve it, IMO.

Jun 3, 2002 at 5:36 AM Post #49 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF:

2) Mike Bibby is the real deal. Jason Williams was fun to watch, but he didn't make the Kings any better. Bibby was a STEAL.

No question, it will be very interesting to see what it will take for the Kings to resign him.
frown.gif

Jun 3, 2002 at 1:56 PM Post #50 of 50
We will see if the Nets can make it interesting, but otherwise we may have the most exciting Confrence final in recent memory followed by the most boring finals in recent memory.

It really is a damn shame. Hats of too the Lakers but 50% freethrow line and 2-20 from beyond the arc......what a let down from the Kings. Two or three more threes and 70% freethrow shooting, and we would still hear sac celebrating right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back