Lakers vs. Kings - Best playoff ever??
May 31, 2002 at 3:26 PM Post #31 of 50
I agree with john_jcb, its hard to remain interested when the players keep changing. That's why I remember the 80's and all the battles between the Lakers and Celtics so vividly. It was Magic-Worthy-Kareem vs. Bird-McHale-Parish. Those were the days!

May 31, 2002 at 11:21 PM Post #33 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by joe
THe best playoff ever is in the NHL.

Wings vs Avs.

I agree Hockey is the real sport. Constant action, speed, hitting. To those that have never been around the game there is something different about having your name on the cup. Joe is right it is the best.

I cant agree on his teams I don't like either. I am kinda rooting for the Canes in this one.

May 31, 2002 at 11:25 PM Post #34 of 50
Well, it's some of the best basketball I have ever seen on both coast, all the games have been so close and exciting the whole way through.

Here's hoping for the Nets vs Kings finals!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2002 at 3:51 AM Post #35 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
Kings have a good team, but lets face it Shaq was screwed by the officals in game 5 when he fouled out and sat half the game on the bench. Two tripping calls...........please give me a break.

I'm from Chicago, and have been a Bulls fan for almost as long as they've been in existence -- so I have no vested interest in the Lakers/Kings series other than as a fan of the game.

That said, let's get real -- noone can legitimately complain about officiating against the Lakers. For every bad call against them, they get 5 or 6 for them. For every game Shaq fouls out on a couple ticky-tack calls, he has 10 games where he should have fouled out for offensive fouls :veryevil

I'm watching game 6 right now, and in the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th, the Lakers are being handed the game by the refs.

Shaq is an imposing force in the NBA because of his size and quickness. On the other hand, he's not a fundamentally sound or complete player, and doesn't have the offensive repertoire of the great centers. He complains about getting hacked, but he charges and hooks consistently. I'd have more sympathy for Shaq's whining if he was getting hacked while beating his man cleanly.

Quote:

Plus Vlade Divac should get an Oscar for his acting ability, he is master of the "flop" for a foul call.

Vlade's always been both a good actor AND a smart player. Truth is, Shaq charges far, far more times than Vlade flops.

And while we're talking about flops... Fisher and Fox do it more than Vlade. They just aren't guarding the NBA's poster boy when they do it
wink.gif

Jun 1, 2002 at 5:01 AM Post #36 of 50
What is a foul? After seeing that game, I no longer know. I'm ill thinking about how L.A. has won on nothing more than O'Neal's size. He is not what basketball is about. He can still ruin this season.

Wishing him a speedy retirement,
NGF

Jun 1, 2002 at 5:12 AM Post #37 of 50
Well put DEF. It all evens out in a long series. Shaq fouls out last game, we go to LA, and in exchange Divac, Pollard foul out and webb gets 5 versus shaqs 4. A possible non-call at the end of the last game against the lakers, and now Kobe gets away with a cheapshot that could have put bibby at the line to go ahead in the final minute. Really the only thing we can hope for is that game seven is as straight as it can be. You can bet the NBA's best will be reffing it.

Forget about the shaq conspiracy, why do the kings keep fouling kobe's elbow with their faces? They really should learn.......
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 1, 2002 at 6:36 AM Post #39 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by Clubkill
in exchange Divac, Pollard foul out and webb gets 5 versus shaqs 4. A possible non-call at the end of the last game against the lakers, and now Kobe gets away with a cheapshot that could have put bibby at the line to go ahead in the final minute.

I was in utter disbelief at the end of that game.

Quote:

Really the only thing we can hope for is that game seven is as straight as it can be. You can bet the NBA's best will be reffing it.

That's what I'm afraid of
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Forget about the shaq conspiracy, why do the kings keep fouling kobe's elbow with their faces? They really should learn.......
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL! No kidding--Bibby fouled Kobe's elbow so hard I think he broke his nose.

P.S. Did you notice the charge called on Vlade, and, even better, the charge called on Webber? Meanwhile, Shaq's spin move to the basket consists of taking his 80-pound left arm, putting it behind the defender, and pulling the defender out of the way. That is, when he even bothers to go around the guy instead of through him
wink.gif

P.P.S. I do have to give Shaq some props for a couple nifty moves tonight. He hit a couple nice fadeaways, and a couple nice bank shots. You don't see too much of that from him. Maybe if the refs would call him cleanly, he'd have to use those skills more often?

Jun 1, 2002 at 7:52 AM Post #40 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF

P.P.S. I do have to give Shaq some props for a couple nifty moves tonight. He hit a couple nice fadeaways, and a couple nice bank shots. You don't see too much of that from him. Maybe if the refs would call him cleanly, he'd have to use those skills more often?

This is such a true statement.I think Shaq is a much better player when he plays beyond his physical size.the refs have allowed him to use his body so much over the years i don't know if his game can change enough for him to ever become the finesse player i know he can be.I remember seeing Shaq when he was 13 years old and remember what an awesome physical specimen he was,but at the same time he was smarter than most of his older opponents.He beat everybody he played against not matter what kind of game they played.he is capable of playing to a much higher level(that's scary) but I think he is too far along as a player to do so.

Jun 1, 2002 at 4:06 PM Post #41 of 50
I agree.

When a guy is lighting it up and making his outside shots and turnaround fadeaways and stuff, there is no need to bail him out on fouls when he goes inside. You have to give shaq credit though for making his first 11 free throws or something.

I don't think there is any doubt that this next game goes to the last shot again. I hope the kings can manage to have a center eligable for the last 3 minutes this time, that seems to help.
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2002 at 2:53 AM Post #44 of 50
No NO NOOO

Think back to the 98' Eastern Finals with Toni Kukoc lightin up the United Center, baby.......

Jun 3, 2002 at 3:01 AM Post #45 of 50
Well, the Kings managed to look damn ugly. Those airballs at the end were just nasty! Jackson was hot, Bibby was hot, and it was interesting to see Weber up against Shaq (I think he did a nice job). But when crunch time came, the Kings couldn't hold it together. It was a damn exciting game though.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back