Lake People or Violectric for my HP's ?
Jan 15, 2014 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

daniele_g

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,
I'm looking for a new amp for my headphones, AKG K501 and K550 (I also own an old Beyer DT990, Etymotic H5 in ear and something else, but I very rarely use them); at the moment I'm not planning about new headphones, maybe in the future I may consider an ATH W1000x to give new flame to an old love of mine :wink: or an orthodynamic because... these days you MUST have an orthodynamic :D
I now own a MF XCan V2, not bad but I can hear the hiss of the tube (I guess it's the tube), it is quite sensitive to nearance with other hifi gear (and I'm bound to keep all my stereo rig in a very small place, so I have to work not to hear buzzzzzzz in my ears), and overall it misses some details and dynamic, I'd like a fuller sound.
My short list is very short: Lake People G100 or Violectric V100 and the question is: would the Violectric be worth the extra cost with my present (and future ?) HP's ?

thanks, ciao
daniele

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #2 of 6
The difference between LK and Violectric are especially in the quality of the component that they use, in fact Violectric is the luxury brand of LK.
I prefer Violectric because it sound more detailed and have a great control. It can drive easily all your headphone and it works great also with IEM thanks to the variable gain.

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #3 of 6
Grazie, Turo,
so you had the chance to compare them, didn't you ?
Some say the G100 sounds a little bit "thin" or "aseptic", what do you think about it ?

thanks, ciao
daniele

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #5 of 6
For what I've read here and there, the G109 is quite different from both G100 and V100, the G100 being more similar to V100; I suppose (that's just a personal supposition, I have obviously no informations nor certainties about it) that LP lowered the quality of LP G10x series because otherwise G100 was a serious contendent to the more expensive V100.
That's why I asked about the G100.
Sure G109 (and 103 and 107) has quite different components than V100. Good anyway, I guess I may be happy with a G109, but the V100 has better components and building procedures. The differences should be lesser from V100 to G100, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back