Ladies and gentlemen:dream theater
Dec 28, 2001 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

evanft

500+ Head-Fier
If you don't know who they are, keep reading, otherwise, you know what I'm talking about:

Dream Theater is a progressive metal/neo-prog group which has been around in their current form since the early 90's. They have a tendency to write very long, ambitious songs, and are all very talented musicians. Please, if you like prog, metal, or bands like Rush, Queensryche, or Yes, you owe it to yourself to dl the following:

From Images & Words:

Pull Me Under
Metropolis, Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper
Under a Glass Moon

from Awake:

6:00
Caught in a Web
Voices
The Mirror

A Change of Seasons [medley](23 minutes)

From scenes from a memory

Overture 1928
Strange Deja Vu
Fatal Tragedy
Home

From the new album: Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence

The Glass Prison
Misunderstood

P.S.Their new album has 6 tracks on 2 cds:1 track is 40 minutes long.

Dec 28, 2001 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 6
Yes, I certainly do know about Dream Theater. They are an incredibly talented band. The latest "Live Scenes from New York" is an excellent Live performance. I'm definitely looking foward to their new CD coming out next month.

Dec 28, 2001 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 6
they're great ain't they
smily_headphones1.gif
very exited about the new album. not downloading anything, just waiting patiently
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2001 at 10:29 PM Post #5 of 6
If you like Dream Theater then check out Leonardo:the absolute man (braver, I already know you have it
tongue.gif
!) which features James Labrie on vocals for about 85% of it. Its on the Magna carta label.

Dec 29, 2001 at 12:05 AM Post #6 of 6
don't expect the kind of high-speed technical fooling around like DT tends to do tho. most people at the DreamTheater board seem to think it's boring (..it's not, trust me). it's more prog rock than metal. and that Lisa Bouchelle girl (plays Mona Lisa) has a very beautyful (sexy
wink.gif
) voice, shame she only sings on one track tho. Michelle Young's part is too small as well
mad.gif
. but thats maybe just me
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back