Lack of places to audiition phones!
Jan 26, 2012 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DeadMan

100+ Head-Fier
I went to Bromley today because I knew they had a Sony centre there. Also it's a little more upmarket than places like Lewisham shopping centre. They have a high end Sound & Vision shop there too and Richer Sounds plus an HMV and Maplin store.

However there was NO place to audition cans! Even Sound & Vision did not have any cans out other than some high end Grado's and Sennheisers that were too expensive for me. The only place that allows you to audition it would seem is HMV and all they had on display were 'beats' crap (they look beat up too which shows how sturdy they really are)!

I went into Sony's shop and NONE of their cans were available for audition. I asked if they had the MDR-ZX700's in and they did not even have those in stock anyhow. It's a complete farce that you cannot audition headphones other than some crappy brands in places like Currys superstores.

Anyhow I have ordered a pair of the Sony cans from Play.com (Amazon are out of stock at the moment. Typical. Hopefully Play will allow me to return them if I do not like them without quibble like Amazon do) so will just have to hope they are as good as some people have said they are.

I wonder if the only places to audition headphones are in some central London stores like Tottenham Court Road?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back