Label of the Week Sale: 20% off all Warner Bros. Titles!
Aug 7, 2014 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

HDtracks

Sponsor: HDTracks
We are happy to have Warner Bros. Records as our label of the week.  All WBR titles are 20% off no code necessary.

Warner Bros. Records is one of the most successful recording companies in music history and home to some of the most influential and innovative artists of our time, including Cher, Goo Goo Dolls, Linkin Park, R.E.M., Red Hot Chili Peppers, The White Stripes and many others.

Start shopping.

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 11
Sweet!  Thank you!  Btw your site is not good for my wallet :D.  Just picked up a 3 albums with that discount.

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #3 of 11
Got a few too, although that probably coincided with the weekly specials offerings.

Would appreciate the region restriction thing to be sorted out. I don't see a competitor offering 192/24 recordings of virtually anything, here in Australia. Frustrates me greatly that I just can't listen to some of my favourite tracks simply because there is no direct way of getting it. 

End rant.

Aug 9, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 11
Hi just a warning I bought the Flaming Lips Yoshimi album and it is stuffed. The tracks keep panning around and around and just sounds wrong.

Being extremely puzzled I did a search on the internet and apparently this is taken from the DVD 5.1 mix and is improperly mixed down to boot.

Listen to the drums, they pan all over the place like a drunken sound engineer on speed.

What HD Tracks. Please fix. It should not be my responsibility to have to check on the internet every download before buying! Seriously I understand this is a widely reported issue which you have failed to fix or take down from your website.

Please everyone beware and DO NOT buy this crap.

Aug 18, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #7 of 11
  Hi just a warning I bought the Flaming Lips Yoshimi album and it is stuffed. The tracks keep panning around and around and just sounds wrong.

Being extremely puzzled I did a search on the internet and apparently this is taken from the DVD 5.1 mix and is improperly mixed down to boot.

Listen to the drums, they pan all over the place like a drunken sound engineer on speed.

What HD Tracks. Please fix. It should not be my responsibility to have to check on the internet every download before buying! Seriously I understand this is a widely reported issue which you have failed to fix or take down from your website.

Please everyone beware and DO NOT buy this crap.

So HD Tracks, what is the outcome of your research?

I also need to research everyone of your tracks on the various boards before purchase.  You need to pay much closer attention to what you are selling and not just respond with a "this is what the labels provide".  That is not good enough!  You purport to sell  HIGH DEFINITION, you need to play a greater role in quality control, provide detailed background information regarding the provenance of each cut, and quality control it in your house.  You've developed a poor reputation among knowledgeable audio enthusiasts despite whatever your sales maybe.,  

Sep 11, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #8 of 11
I think that is a bit of a harsh criticism. For people to get access to this music as quickly as possible, it would be well-nigh impossible for the folks at HDTracks to listen to every album. that would be like a record store listening to every album claiming to be remastered to ensure there is a difference between that and the original master.

Any issue I've had at HDTracks, when I've contacted them directly, they've fixed it. Have you emailed them through the site even? If not, don't blame them publicly for the label sending them shoddy product. They are a distributor, not a producer.

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 11
I think that is a bit of a harsh criticism. For people to get access to this music as quickly as possible, it would be well-nigh impossible for the folks at HDTracks to listen to every album. that would be like a record store listening to every album claiming to be remastered to ensure there is a difference between that and the original master.

Any issue I've had at HDTracks, when I've contacted them directly, they've fixed it. Have you emailed them through the site even? If not, don't blame them publicly for the label sending them shoddy product. They are a distributor, not a producer.

Did you even read the posts above? The issue is that the problem with the Yoshimi album has be WIDELY REPORTED and yet HD Tracks has done NOTHING to fix the issue or pull it from distribution.

I don't have a problem if a couple of albums slip through the safety net because the record labels suck and HD tracks fixes the problem in a timely manner. I do have a problem because this issue was variously reported both publicly and back to HD tracks and yet nothing had been done about it. HD tracks then said "we will look into this further", but then radio silence ever since.

How is this even remotely defensible as a distributor, not a producer?

Sep 22, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #11 of 11
My apologies if I somehow raised your ire, but I was asking whether the person had directly emailed to have the issue resolved for themselves before openly criticizing the lack of response. I wasn't trying to anger anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back