LA Head-Fiers: MAY 31-June 2 Headphonium Event @ THE Show Newport - ALO, AUDEZE, CENTRANCE, HiFiMAN, HRT, SCHIIT
May 29, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #106 of 225
Quote:
Wish I could be there this weekend, too bad I had to miss it. Looking forward to the impressions/reports.

Btw mikemercer, you're slightly on the older side for a Head-Fier. In my experience at all of the meets I've attended, the most prolific age group usually tends to be 18-35 (give or take a few years). So you might feel a little bit old at a regular Head-Fi meet. 
wink.gif

Maybe I'll try to make it to either the upcoming LA meet or next year's Newport show, been too long since I last had an In-N-Out fix.
tongue.gif

Holy crap......I better wear my burial outfit at almost 61 I might not make it past Friday 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 29, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #109 of 225
I think i'll just get one of those "my name is" stickers, write Head-Fi on it, and put it on my arm.

And i'll probably throw around the new unofficial head-fi hand sign.

May 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #110 of 225
Quote:

I'll have a plus one (Head-Fi member: weirdfishes) but he doesn't need to be notified as he'll be hanging with me all day anyway.

Quote:
I think Third Eye won't be able to make it.

I saw a message from him and I gotta read it ASAP.

Yeah, he's got some stuff to take care of.  We gotta make sure to pimp the upcoming LA meet in his absence. 
wink.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Oh and Mike, I'm glad you posted a picture of yourself. This is my first high-end show and I'm afraid of feeling like a toddler around all these older audiophiles. I don't look too much younger than you though!
biggrin.gif
And if I ever get lost, I'll just look for the younger guys and assume those are the Head-Fiers.

"I'm afraid of feeling like a toddler around all these older audiophiles."

Imagine feeling like that for 18 years!  When I started working for The Absolute Sound I was a teenager in the 90's!
Then, I went onto to work for Atlantic Records for 10 years, writing about music and Hifi the whole time on the side...

I've felt like the perpetual kid, even thought I'm 38!  LOL

Also 38 here, but I'm Asian so I got some natural age camouflage working in my favor. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Maybe I'll try to make it to either the upcoming LA meet or next year's Newport show, been too long since I last had an In-N-Out fix.
tongue.gif

Man, I've got an In-N-Out just a few blocks away from me.  I almost never go because it's right there and I take it for granted. 
redface.gif

May 29, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #111 of 225
I have the strangest feeling that we're missing someone... does anyone know if Golden Ears can make it?  I'll PM him right now.

May 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #112 of 225
Two friends and I will be there on Sat.  See you guys there :D

May 29, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #114 of 225
Hey EVERYBODY:

Looks like Alex Rosson from Audeze and I will be taggin' on the decks for the Tweak Studio Where Else poolside party Fri. night!
8-11PM

We'll be playing ALL vinyl!  

We've decided not to do a club set (mixing/blends of underground dance wax) - though we'll be playing
plenty of SICK electronic music (and maybe we will do a bit of mixing)!!!! It'll probably get into our veins as we drop
discs onto the platters

but we're gonna pick AWESOME tunes to play for you!!

PSYCHED, just spun at an afterhours party in LA and my DJ bag is STACKED

SEE YOU THERE:

May 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #115 of 225
Quote:
I have the strangest feeling that we're missing someone... does anyone know if Golden Ears can make it?  I'll PM him right now.

Golden Ears can make it for lunch!  I'm under instructions to go and kidnap him from room 532 when it comes time. 
smile.gif

May 30, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #117 of 225
If possible myself and other future Hifi-m8 owners would like to hear about your impressions from the Newport Beach Show, it sounds like you are going to have fun.

*See Michael Goodman and Stacie of Centrance below demonstrating the upcoming various Hifi-M8 models in Tokyo this past May.

Please post your listening pleasures here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/662881/centrance-hifi-m8-and-hifi-m8-lx-8-versions-incoming-impressions-and-appreciation-thread/60#post_9481746

Thanking you in advance.

May 30, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #120 of 225
I look forward to seeing you all there...Got my bags packed and headed out tomorrow morning!  At the Seattle Head-Fi event a couple weeks back, Coffman Labs brought their new H1-A Tubed headphone amp. For Newport, they will have one for demo in Atrium Hotel 318 in addition to their other hi-fi setup. So if any folks are near there, drop by and give it a listen! Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back