LA Head-Fiers: MAY 31-June 2 Headphonium Event @ THE Show Newport - ALO, AUDEZE, CENTRANCE, HiFiMAN, HRT, SCHIIT
May 24, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #61 of 225
Quote:
Really??
There is no sign yet??

As far as I know...  If there is, I definitely haven't seen or heard of it yet.

Quote:

So I need to call my brother Peter?  LOL  He's in the Kings (Latin) - maybe he could come up with somethin' for us - LOL
Though I know it would be in good FUN, you think peeps would be offended?

It's ALL in good FUN

I tried doing something with an H and an F, but it just wasn't happening.  And the harder I tried, the more it looked like an actual gang sign.

I think the people we flashed it to would be okay with it.  After all, we're somewhat selective about who we sign right?  I see a dude with Beats, I'm movin' on as there's no point.  I see someone with PortaPros, that's a different story.

May 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #62 of 225
Quote:

As far as I know...  If there is, I definitely haven't seen or heard of it yet.

I tried doing something with an H and an F, but it just wasn't happening.  And the harder I tried, the more it looked like an actual gang sign.

I think the people we flashed it to would be okay with it.  After all, we're somewhat selective about who we sign right?  I see a dude with Beats, I'm movin' on as there's no point.  I see someone with PortaPros, that's a different story.

GREAT point.

I'll tell my buddy about the community, the mission (I bought him a pair of Sennheiser HD 25-I IIs - which he loves) and see if he can come up with something that's NOT recognized as a real gang sign!

I'm just pumped to know Head-Fiers are coming!  I wasn't going to help with this show at first, because I also work for RMAF, and therefore I help promote CanJam at RMAF -  But I just looked at this and thought: OK, these guys got alot of people last year, and headphones were spread all over the show.  The guys behind T.H.E Show wanted to have a dedicated headphone area this year - and I'm psyched to lend a hand!  I see it ALL as opportunities to turn new people onto better quality sound - and having a deeper connection to the music is life-changing.

I'm also going to the LA Meet again (though we're moving end of July) to talk to those guys about coordinating events up in the Bay Area!
We're moving back there, and I would love to connect w/ some Bay Area Head-Fiers to help with that too!

Writing is my passion, and its first and foremost for me (music and gear reviews) but I love the communal aspect to this, which is something I think high end audio has been missing (with exceptions like the dedicated audio societies and other groups).   

May 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #63 of 225
Sooooo glad to hear that Head-fi is going to have a presence here...  just got the green light from my wife to head down to THE Show!  Looking forward to it, big time.  Thanks for getting the exhibitors that you have.  There are several in attendance that I have been anxious to hear... and conveniently i am in the market for my first set of serious cans, after a few years of devoting my listening time to my big rig.  Cheers!

May 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #64 of 225
Quote:
Sooooo glad to hear that Head-fi is going to have a presence here...  just got the green light from my wife to head down to THE Show!  Looking forward to it, big time.  Thanks for getting the exhibitors that you have.  There are several in attendance that I have been anxious to hear... and conveniently i am in the market for my first set of serious cans, after a few years of devoting my listening time to my big rig.  Cheers!

You just made my week Funkmonkey (and BRILLIANT name btw)!!  

It wasn't easy, considering there are alot of events, and I don't want anybody to think I'm engaged in ANY SORT OF COMPETITION!

I'm a music and audio writer, with deep roots in the high end audio community, and Jude is a good friend whom I trust completely.
As a matter of fact, I can say I have a strange trust in the whole Head-Fi community!  I only mean strange because there are alot of people here to express that
about, but with all my experience (18 years) I love that I've learned more from the members here about high end personal audio than I ever did about audio from the high end magazines!

Luckily I had a brilliant teacher in Harry Pearson!
Jude mentions Harry in the recent video, Head-Fi, The Community, The History
which is a killer video - some love comin'  from The Daily Swarm on that Jude!!!

But YES, I was psyched to see your note Funkmonkey.
Thanks

Michael Mercer

May 25, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #65 of 225
Seriously guys, all of us Head-Fiers should have lunch together that day.

May 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #67 of 225
May 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #69 of 225
We can always wrangle him in if he's resistant.  I think he's a big dude, but frankly we got numbers on our side.

May 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #70 of 225
Yo!  Every who wants to have lunch together, please post "LUNCHTIME" below.  I'll get a PM chain going in a few days so that we can share numbers (for calling/txting) on the day of.  I'll start.

LUNCHTIME

May 26, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #73 of 225
Quote:
Am I to understand correctly, all I need is my obsession of headphones to enter? This sounds amazing. 

Well that and $15, but yeah. 
smile.gif

May 26, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #75 of 225
I've been planning on showing up. Wife's birthday that week so I can only make one day. Any suggestions on what day would be optimal?

Btw, so excited that other head-fi members will be present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back