La Dispute
Jul 23, 2009 at 10:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sabrage

100+ Head-Fier
The best description I've heard for this band is "mewithoutYou-God+hardcore." I listen to their debut LP almost daily. Not sure how many of you this band will appeal to, but I'm fairly obsessed with them and figured I would share.

Myspace
last.fm

Jul 23, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #2 of 4
One of my favorite newly-discovered bands. Amazing music.

Been listening to their genre in general lately, and out of everything I've heard so far, La Dispute's Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair was what I loved the most and I enjoyed that one thoroughly. Insanely angsty and brutally poetic but also very compelling. Drastically emotional stuff. I'd love to listen to more of this type.

Such a good band. Brilliant. The mewithoutYou comparison is correct.

Curious folks should go listen to their music on Myspace. NOW.

tongue.gif

EDIT: La Dispute > mewithoutYou, BTW... mewithoutYou just seems to be half-baked hardcore because it includes indie rock influences. La Dispute are totally committed as a post-hardcore band. mewithoutYou are good, but La Dispute are just better.

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 4
I like mewithoutYou quite a bit, but I definitely listen to La Dispute a lot more. I don't think that "half-baked hardcore" really covers them but this isn't really the place to discuss this.

La Dispute landed a spot on Thursday's tour with The Fall of Troy and Young Widows, so I figured I would bump this. I'm seeing them on October 2nd, and from all I hear they're pretty amazing live so I'm pretty stoked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back