KZ AS06 vs KZ ZSN vs KZ ZS10 Pro?
Feb 10, 2020 at 4:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

osidovich

New Head-Fier
I want to upgrade my KZ ES3.

The choice is between KZ AS06, KZ ZSN and KZ ZS10 Pro.

I already own all of them and I've listened to them but I'm a little confused, so the request for advice.

I must decide which ones to return (Amazon).

KZ ZSN seems quite indistinguishable from KZ ES3 so it seems not worth the upgrade.

KZ AS06 seems more detailed but it's also more bassy and V-shaped.

Below some details:

Source/Amp: smartphone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 7), notebook and desktop PC (Realtek based internal soundcard). In the future DAC USB-C cable (Hidizs Sonata HD).

How the gear will be used: primarily home listening.

Preferred tonal balance: neutral with a little punchy bass but with bright and clear mid-treble, especially at max volume level.

Preferred music genre(s): metal (progressive, heavy, power, NWOTBM), EDM, Electronic a la Kraftwerk, Outrun/Synthwave, Trance, Classical, Rock, Acid Jazz, Fusion.

Past gear experience: KZ ES3 (I don't like mid-treble at high volume), Xiaomi Pistons (too much basses), Redmi Airdots (low sound and codec quality).

What aspect of your current listening experience would you like to improve? Soundstage, instrument separation, quality at high volume, mid-treble brightness and
clearness. Ability to adapt to EQ remaining neutral.

Feb 10, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 3
I want to upgrade my KZ ES3.

The choice is between KZ AS06, KZ ZSN and KZ ZS10 Pro.

I already own all of them and I've listened to them but I'm a little confused, so the request for advice.

I must decide which ones to return (Amazon).

KZ ZSN seems quite indistinguishable from KZ ES3 so it seems not worth the upgrade.

KZ AS06 seems more detailed but it's also more bassy and V-shaped.

Below some details:

Source/Amp: smartphone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 7), notebook and desktop PC (Realtek based internal soundcard). In the future DAC USB-C cable (Hidizs Sonata HD).

How the gear will be used: primarily home listening.

Preferred tonal balance: neutral with a little punchy bass but with bright and clear mid-treble, especially at max volume level.

Preferred music genre(s): metal (progressive, heavy, power, NWOTBM), EDM, Electronic a la Kraftwerk, Outrun/Synthwave, Trance, Classical, Rock, Acid Jazz, Fusion.

Past gear experience: KZ ES3 (I don't like mid-treble at high volume), Xiaomi Pistons (too much basses), Redmi Airdots (low sound and codec quality).

What aspect of your current listening experience would you like to improve? Soundstage, instrument separation, quality at high volume, mid-treble brightness and
clearness. Ability to adapt to EQ remaining neutral.

You can check out the KZ ZSX (Terminator), it is the latest wired release of KZ and is an upgrade over the KZ ZS10 Pro in timbre and technicalities. I already thought the KZ ZS10 Pro was very good for $35 USD, it can hit about 80% of my Westone W30 and Westone 3 that costs 10 times more. Except the ZS10 Pro had a bit of an artificial timbre in the treble frequencies and a bit of a bloated midbass, but nothing much to complain considering the low price.

U can ask more in the dedicated KZ thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread.698148/

Feb 10, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back