KuraDa KD-P1 (new japanese "Summit-Fi" open headphone)
Oct 31, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #31 of 54
This was posted in the comment section of a YouTube clip about the making of it:

“Finally had a chance to hear KuraDa KD-OR12 @ Indulgence Show in London today. They are absolutely FANTASTIC headphones, one of the best, if not THE BEST I ever heard, I like them even more than Sennheiser HD800s, Fostex TH-900 MK2 & GRADO GS1000E (my personal "Fantastic 3"). But they have one huge downside! This set is very uncomfortable to hang on your head as they are quite heavy, almost feeling like having a semi-finished helmet without inside cushioning! Which keeps me wondering if any of the production designers actually tried them?! There is also a price: cca. £3,200 + shipping & VAT as they have no distributor in UK nor in EU (as much as I know of). The company remains completely oblivious about market outside of Far East which is really shame. With removal of a "heavy-metal" enclosing and price cut of at least 30-40% they would be a very serious contender in the market where likes of Sennheiser, Grado, Audeze, Fostex, Audioquest and handfull of of others are the kings.“

AudioSanctuary would probably have more detailed impressions. Interesting comment about the fit and comfort though - guess it might not be bad for some people but disappointing to hear.

Oct 31, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #32 of 54
Wouldn't take any of his impressions seriously (HD800, TH900 MK2 & GS1000E treble daggers) and then mentions Audioquest (Nighthawk/Nightowl), which are muffled sounding headphones...extremely poor taste, and impossible to like Audioquest headphones and any of those three at the same time, they're polar opposites.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #34 of 54
Also, the OR12 is the older model, so not sure if he was mistaken and meant to say the KD-P1, which is the one in production. I guess only Audio Sanctuary can provide a full assessment at this point. I doubt they sold that many at this point, if any.

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #35 of 54
I guess if you ask the people that are selling them, then the answer is "Yes, They're awesome! Everyone should own a pair!" :wink:

Pretty big difference in the quoted price from the distributor and the reviewer there above too - I wonder if the reviewer is talking about an old prototype or something.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #37 of 54
impossible to like Audioquest headphones and any of those three at the same time, they're polar opposites.
So are French fries and chocolate cake. I can't like both?

Nov 16, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #39 of 54
So one can't like both the HD800 and NightHawk?

Nov 16, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #41 of 54
Thank you. I figured this was common knowledge. I mean, concert venues can all sound different and you still enjoy the performances.

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #44 of 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Back