Kung Fu Hustle
Apr 16, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #16 of 27
You guys have to understand, this is my fav. martial arts movie simply because it is silly. I love Jackie Chan, but he's a little too deviated from "real" martial arts for my tastes. I think Stephen Chow does a great job of keeping it real, but making it fun and funny at the same time. Why do action movies have to be serious?? Besides Stephen Chow seems to put serious philosophy in his movies, just he doesn't throw it in your face at every second
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2005 at 2:43 AM Post #20 of 27
Hunter Killer. It's a Terminator reference, though IIR, it may have some modern military relations.

Apr 17, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #21 of 27
ah. that's kinda lame, then. a whole genre can never be made obsolete. there are good movies, and bad movies. also people have different tastes. saying that this type of movie is "losing its touch" is just silly.

Apr 17, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
It was funny and the characters were in general good, but it needed more story.

Story? what for? it's an ACTION MOVIE.

what story they had i thought was well-done.

Apr 17, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #23 of 27
HK is Hong Kong, in case I wasn't clear
smily_headphones1.gif

It really is a shame that you watched the dubbed shaolin soccer because it really is a better movie than kung fu hustle in every way (imo.)

Apr 17, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
HK is Hong Kong, in case I wasn't clear
smily_headphones1.gif

oop! then earlier You tricked me with your sarcasm. Evil evil man!! (or woman.
confused.gif
)

Quote:

It really is a shame that you watched the dubbed shaolin soccer because it really is a better movie than kung fu hustle in every way (imo.)

yeah... it was on TV though, so there's no way i could have seen it another way at that point
tongue.gif
What makes it better? To me it looked not as good, as in just not as well crafted overall. Like a band's album from 5 years ago versus newer more mature album. Still good, just not as "tight" to use the musician's terminology.

Apr 17, 2005 at 5:17 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
Story? what for? it's an ACTION MOVIE.

what story they had i thought was well-done.

Believe it or not there are a lot of ACTION movies that have good STORYlines.
icon10.gif
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I agree that HK movies in general are starting to lose their touch... of course, this is only my opinion.
wink.gif
icon10.gif

Apr 17, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
Believe it or not there are a lot of ACTION movies that have good STORYlines.
icon10.gif
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I agree that HK movies in general are starting to lose their touch... of course, this is only my opinion.
wink.gif
icon10.gif

Please describe how an entire genre can "lose its touch". Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Also please tell me what action movies were top notch and had great storylines. I can find just as many that are top notch and have no storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back