Kumisa III
Dec 12, 2001 at 8:56 PM Post #3 of 14
It is on my agenda. However, I have many other projects in progress and my tube amp is doing me plenty fine for the moment.

Ask aos. I know he made a layout and prototype but I don't know if he finished it. You could also ask the author
smily_headphones1.gif

b

Dec 12, 2001 at 10:16 PM Post #4 of 14
Asking the author is a great way to get an unbiased opinion.
wink.gif

This is on my to-do list too. As for the sound, there is really one way to find out for sure--sample it! Not always feasible though. Maybe JMT can build you one inside a stuffed-animal.
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2001 at 7:50 AM Post #5 of 14
I have finished more or less one channel of the amp. I have pictures somewhere on Headwize. I designed PCB for it as well.

kumisa3_prelim1.jpg

Lack of readily available +-24V power supply is the reason that I
haven't even tried it yet. I have other project going on now (portable DAC, less than a week away from 2nd prototype) and I am not listening to headphones at all since I bought good speakers so this project is on backburner.

I do plan to finish it, definitely. I may need it as a line amp on another project if it sounds good.

Dec 20, 2001 at 3:05 AM Post #7 of 14
It's certainly a bunch more difficult than a cmoy, and with as many components, an etched board would come in handy.

I did, however, finally decide to start building it. I have the transistors and the toroid, and the caps, resistors, etc are in the mail. I'm contemplating creating a new layout. aos sent me his, but we have conflicting versions of Eagle so I can't open it up
frown.gif
If you want to build one and don't want to deal with etching, you could build it on vectorboard. That might be a big pain in the butt though.

If the layout works well, I may order some professionally printed boards from a place in town. I'll start a new thread if I plan on it
smily_headphones1.gif

b

Jul 27, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #9 of 14
Hello all.

Interesting reading. I’m the original designer, thou i have changed email some times since I made the amplifier. Please tell me how it went?

Did you build it?

Jul 27, 2005 at 7:18 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kumisa
Hello all.

Interesting reading. I’m the original designer, thou i have changed email some times since I made the amplifier. Please tell me how it went?

Did you build it?

Hi Benny, welcome to head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif
If you do a few searches, you'll see that some have indeed built you amps, but as you haven't really been available to answer questions about the design, most of the attempts that I can remember hearing of were never completed
frown.gif

/U.

Jul 27, 2005 at 11:59 AM Post #12 of 14
Wow!

Names from the past!

ok,
erix

Apr 9, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #14 of 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back