Kudos for Etymotic Customer Service
May 25, 2007 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

duetta

100+ Head-Fier
I've had my ER-4s since 1998, but have had to have them repaired several times since then. The first two repairs were for cracked stems; in both of those instances, the repair was free of charge (even though the phones were out of warranty by the 2nd repair). The third repair was also for a cracked stem, and it set me back $80.

The cord on my original unit was probably the only original part left from the item that I purchased in 1998, and it had begun to fray. Everything still worked, but I had black electrical tape protecting exposed wire in one section, and the rubber near the pods was breaking down. So back to Etymotic went the phones last Friday, via insured First Class Mail.

Exactly one week later, UPS knocks on my door and here they are, a new cord - and two new transducers as well! Upon inspection, it appears that both pods were cracked (news to me!), and customer service elected to replace everything for the same $50 price that a new cord would cost.

Outstanding! I've been an Etymotic customer now for over 9 years, and I can't praise their customer service any more highly. We all wish that the stems were a bit more durable - but you can't imagine how much I missed these phones. I have a couple of other pairs of headphones, but after 9 years of being spoiled, having to walk the streets of NYC without the aid of a noise-reducing canalphone feels like cruel and unusual punishment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back