KTXPRO1
Nov 29, 2009 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jmabrao

New Head-Fier
I just ordered a pair of these off amazon along with a pair of KSC75's and I will say that I love the way the KSC75's sound but I listened to the KTX's and the sparkle wasn't there. I don't know what could be so different between the two both are Titanium Coated, albeit the Ktx's have the flat back driver. I did the hole mod to the ktx and it helped a bit, but not the same sparkle I was looking for, so I hooked em up to my cheap little CMOY amp and WOW! I can't beleive the difference. It's almost night and day. The sparkle is there but not as clear as the KSC75's but I am amazed that an Amp could help the sound signature so much. (This was with a porta pro pad on the KTX Btw) Anyone else find a way to get some sparkle from these without amping? I really don't wanna have to carry an amp around you know?

Joel

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #4 of 6
porta-sporta have the uncoated poly drivers ksc75 ktxpro1 have titanium coated drivers, the 75 is round back drivers whereas the ktx has flatback drivers like the porta/sporta but titanium coated.

Nov 29, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #5 of 6
They sound the same as ksc75 etc. I have a pair of KTXPRO1 in a drawer half apart. I may have used them for an hour. I really dislike the headband it just does not fit right for me. The drivers are at an off angle from my ears and the swivel does not help. The other part is the volume control it is very big. I doubt I will ever use they the way they are but some day I will buy a pair of $1 store sunglasses some epoxy and a wire they will be very simular to ksc75. I have sportapros that will be 1st in like for this though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back