KSC75's VS Xtreme Xplosives?
Mar 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Xaborus

100+ Head-Fier
I wanted to buy a pair of roughly $20 IEM's for school/bus/gym/ect., but my instincts are telling me to buy a pair of KSC75's due to their reputation. At the same time though, these Xtreme Xplosives are super hyped and are getting great reviews on head-fi.

Which should i go with? (also, noise isolation is not an issue. I'm very aware KSC75's are open )

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 10
dont get the xtreme xplosives unless you want HUGE bass. I returned my ksc 75's for the audio technica CKM50 and think these sound better. the ckms are like 27 shipped on ebay and 25 on overstock and im sure Dsnuts (the founder of the Xtreme Xplosives and CKM50) will tell you these are probably alot more balanced, however not quite as balanced as the kscs. I prefer the exiting sound of these to the KSC75s.

Order these: http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Audio-Technica-ATH-CKM50A-Binaural-Earphone/4250669/product.html?cid=123620

These were like 100 bucks when they first came out!

Mar 6, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 10
Don't get the Extreme Explosives. The Panasonic RP-HJE450 sounds so much better. The HJE450 has much more natural sounding bass, and better detail and clarity overall. The HJE450 has strong bass, however it still sounds natural. The KSC75 won't give you that much bass. Imo the HJE450 IEM sounds so much better than the KSC75.

Mar 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 10
wrong, the ksc 75 will give you plenty of bass.
in fact, it was close to the sound quality of my aurvanas.
please dont say e kscs lack bass because if anything there is a nice mid bass hump and extends low for an open headphone.

Get the CKM50's, they stay in your ears well, you can lay on them, and they sound superb.
or if you like on ear then without a doubt get the ksc's.

Mar 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #6 of 10
The KSC75 isn't bad, but the RP-HJE450 sounds so much better. The CKM50 looks interesting. I wonder if it sounds better than the RP-HJE450 or not.

If you want good sound very cheap, look at the JVC HAS160 "Flats" for around $13, or the JVC Riptidz IEM($8). While these have less bass than the Panasonic RP-HJE450, they have nice detail and treble, and sound great for the price.

Mar 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #10 of 10
I have found that if you workout hard most IEM will eventually lose seal or slip out of your ears due heat and sweat (if anyone has ideas on how to get around this I am all ears). The Koss ear clips can be bent so that you don't need to fool with them during a work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back