KSC75s vs KSC35s
Jul 13, 2006 at 9:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Nick3D

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've posted anything at all on here but it is mostly because I've been a happy busy listener of HD580s and PortaPros thanks to this place.

I was going to create a "best headphone for workout???" thread but being the forum moderator of another place, I knew not to use multiple question marks and better yet, I used the search feature of the lovely forums first and narrowed things down to...well...KSC75s vs KSC35s.

Now I know USUALLY newer = better but there have been a number of exceptions, apparently even in this particular family set the KSC5whatever didn't turn out so well. I am looking for people familiar with both the 35s and the 75s and their opinion on what the main differences (beyond color) between the 2 sets are. It's good to be back and thanks in advance.

Jul 13, 2006 at 11:49 AM Post #2 of 9
I prefer the 35s. They have a warmer signature IMO. I switched from the 35s to 75s some time ago thinking the newer = better thing like you mentioned. One day at the gym I realized I left my 75s at home, but still had the 35s stowed away in my gym bag. Once I started listening...it was like putting on an old pair of jeans. It just felt right. More warmth, slightly more bass impact. Overall, much better suited to my taste.

Some say the drawback of the 35s are the plastic clips. 75s use a rubber type material that you can bend as you like to get a better fit. I haven't had any problems with the 35s fit unless I'm doing bench. Then they tend to lean away from my ears...but not fall off.

35s are probably a little more fragile since they're all plastic, but if you're careful not to step on them or throw them off of roof tops, you'll be ok.

As for cosmetics, neither of them are "lookers"....then again, who cares. Especially if you're at the gym.

Right now I use the 35s for cardio and K81DJ for lifting...mostly for the isolation that the DJs provide. But, the DJs are a fairly big for gym use, so I'm going to try the UM2s once they get here. Anyway, point being, 35s/75s will let a lot of sound in.

Whichever you choose, they both sound great for the money.

Jul 13, 2006 at 1:36 PM Post #3 of 9
I prefer the 35s

because it took ma
k1000smile.gif
ny good time 4 me

Jul 13, 2006 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 9
I prefer ksc-35's. They sound more natural because their isn't that extra amount of highs that the ksc-75's have that is like a haze over the upper mids.

Biggie.

Jul 15, 2006 at 6:36 AM Post #8 of 9
For me, it depends on the music. If I'm rockin', the KSC75's are definitely my preference. If I'm bringing it down a notch (or two) I prefer the KSC35's, as they just seem to have a richer, more refined sound.

Jul 15, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #9 of 9
I agree, the 35 beats down the 75. It has better balance, and a more natural sound. Less forward than the 75.

Although I find both have a somewhat bloaty bass that's quite boomy. Which is fine if you're into that kind of thing, for the right situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back