KSC75s busted, warranty question
May 22, 2005 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ichigo

New Head-Fier
Last night I dropped the right side of my koss ksc-75s into a cup of hot chocolate... I dunno how I could have been so careless.
eek.gif
I took them out, washed them (better water than hot chocolate I thought...) and hoped they didn't die after they dried... But unfortunately it seems like the right side driver has blown, and I've lost that awesome bass.
I hear Koss has an awesome warranty, mail it over and no questions asked, but I was still wondering if I'd qualify for that, considering this um... circumstance.
I also don't have original receipt since I bought them new off someone else.
TIA

On another note, has anybody ever heard of washing electronics in a methylated spirits bath (denatured alchohol in the US) to clean and maybe salvage them after water damage? Would it work on headphones?
Or any other methods? (long shot)

May 22, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ichigo
Last night I dropped the right side of my koss ksc-75s into a cup of hot chocolate... I dunno how I could have been so careless.
eek.gif
I took them out, washed them (better water than hot chocolate I thought...) and hoped they didn't die after they dried... But unfortunately it seems like the right side driver has blown, and I've lost that awesome bass.
I hear Koss has an awesome warranty, mail it over and no questions asked, but I was still wondering if I'd qualify for that, considering this um... circumstance.
I also don't have original receipt since I bought them new off someone else.
TIA

I'm pretty sure they have a lifetime warranty, but they're only $20 USD, so it might actually cheaper just to buy a new pair. I don't know how much they cost in Austrailia though, or how much it'd be to ship them to the USA

May 22, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #4 of 7
Yeah that's the problem, here the koss ksc75s sell for around $50 USD new, we in Australia get seriously dodged with excessive prices.
but shipping from Australia to US is, from what I hear around $20 USD in itself...
What's my best bet... ?
Any other Australians out there who have used Koss' warranty?

May 22, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #5 of 7
Maybe its just me, but why even consider having them fixed under warranty? I mean you broke them, warranty covers manufacturers defects, not accidents and things like that. If I dropped my ipod in a sink full of water I'd just suck it up and buy a new one, not try and get Apple to fix it for free.

I'm not trying to be mean, this is just how I see it.

May 22, 2005 at 6:53 AM Post #6 of 7
To be honest, because I probably just could. It's a dog eat dog world out there, and i'm seeing people take advantage of the koss warranty for not so innocent reasons. Although I was unsure, and that's why I asked whether it would be covered, because I'd prefer it if it was. But chances are I won't be sending it back there now anyway, because shipping would probably cost me almost as much as buying a new pair.

May 22, 2005 at 1:05 PM Post #7 of 7
I sent my KSC-50's in for repair after the spring mechanism on the clip on the right side broke and they were very accomodating. The guy sent me my check back and covered the shipping charge for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back