ksc75 vs px100 shootout (durability&portability)
Aug 19, 2005 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

tfunk408

100+ Head-Fier
i don't mean to beat a dead horse, as there is a plethora of ksc75 vs px100 sound quality comparisons, but i'm concerned with which is more portable and which is more durable?

i'm new to the world of clip-ons, but my friend's sony clip earbuds tangle quite easily and is a mess to sort, while a more tradition (headband) earphone is less prone to tangling. but what do the ksc75 owners have to say about this?

i like how the senn folds up; does the koss come with any sort of storage apparatus?

TIA

Aug 19, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 15
The PX-100's look kind of fragile in the way their earcups attach to the body, if you sat on them I'm not sure they would survive, but if you do take the time to store them away in their included flip case, winding up the cord, nothing can break them. But to do so each and every time would be a pain.

Aug 19, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tfunk408
i like how the senn folds up; does the koss come with any sort of storage apparatus?

TIA

The KSC-75s don't come with any storage container. You have to just wind the cord around your music player. The KSC-35s however come with a neat little velcro bag with hook. You can get the 35s for about $25 shipped from Creative Labs' eBay overstock store.

Aug 19, 2005 at 3:41 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
The PX-100's look kind of fragile in the way their earcups attach to the body, if you sat on them I'm not sure they would survive, but if you do take the time to store them away in their included flip case, winding up the cord, nothing can break them. But to do so each and every time would be a pain.

which is why it is sold to me now
icon10.gif

yes, the px100 do look rather fragile and there are more parts to get screwed up than the ksc75. Anyway, you wouldnt worry about ksc75's durability
tongue.gif
if it screws up...send it back to get a new pair...after all you have lifetime warranty on those. But I am not sure if incidental/accidental physical damage is covered under koss' warranty policy.

Aug 19, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
The KSC-75s don't come with any storage container. You have to just wind the cord around your music player. The KSC-35s however come with a neat little velcro bag with hook. You can get the 35s for about $25 shipped from Creative Labs' eBay overstock store.

u know, i would have gotten that...but shipping to canada is > the phone itself!
blink.gif

Aug 19, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #7 of 15
thanks for the advice. i am leaning more towards the koss since it is cheaper. but so far nobody has commented on the tangling potential of the ksc75. loose ended earphones tend to get tangled, especially if they are of the clip variety, correct? or is this not really that big a hassle to most of you?

Aug 19, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #8 of 15
My ksc75s come with me everywhere, wonderful for portable purposes and the sound is just rediculous for the price. Never really had an issue with tangling.
The clips are bendy and detach/re-attach rather easily, so you would actually have to crush the drivers to really break them.

Aug 19, 2005 at 3:14 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tfunk408
but so far nobody has commented on the tangling potential of the ksc75. loose ended earphones tend to get tangled, especially if they are of the clip variety, correct? or is this not really that big a hassle to most of you?

I put the two ear pieces together (foam to foam, overlap the ear wraps) and then wrap the cord around the ear piceces. No tangles. Wrapping the whle thing around your player would work too.

Aug 24, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #10 of 15
I had the KSC50's (older model of 75's) until I droped them in a cup of coffee
frown.gif

Any way, I did find them very tangle prone. I often had to fumble and untagle them even when I wrapped them carefully. I was a monir annoyance IMHO, but an annoyance none the same.

I think the PX100's may be less prone to the re-setup proces, at least the way I would use them, if I had them. I would just slide them off and let them rest around my neck when not using. Then just slide them back on when your ready to jam again.

Not sure if the px100's headband extends enough to do this comfortabley?

Can anyone comment, because I am considering a pair myself.
cool.gif

Aug 24, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
The KSC-35s however come with a neat little velcro bag with hook. You can get the 35s for about $25 shipped from Creative Labs' eBay overstock store.

That's the old version. The new version comes with one of those bags where you pull the string and it closes (drat...I can't think of the name), doesn't include a 1/8 > 1/4 adapter, and had gold instead of silver of the plug..

Aug 25, 2005 at 12:04 AM Post #12 of 15
If I sleep with them on, the KSC-75s occasionally become separated from their earclips, which is a 2-second job to snap back on. Can you see the PX100s surviving a sleeping thrashing 200lb man?
biggrin.gif

No case, but they'll fit anywhere your mp3/cd player will, just wrap em round
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmb
I think the PX100's may be less prone to the re-setup proces, at least the way I would use them, if I had them. I would just slide them off and let them rest around my neck when not using. Then just slide them back on when your ready to jam again.

Not sure if the px100's headband extends enough to do this comfortabley?

Can anyone comment, because I am considering a pair myself.
cool.gif

Anyone got info on the above question?
confused.gif

Aug 25, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmb
Anyone got info on the above question?
confused.gif

yeah it works fine....but i guess it depends on the diameter of ur neck
very_evil_smiley.gif
u can also flatten the drivers.....but they will be pointing outwards...(foam pointing at other people)

Aug 25, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
yeah it works fine....but i guess it depends on the diameter of ur neck
very_evil_smiley.gif
u can also flatten the drivers.....but they will be pointing outwards...(foam pointing at other people)

Thanks for info
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back