KSC75 Vs PortsPro's
May 1, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 14
I've got a 4G Ipod and both headphones. IMHO the Portas are better. I use the 75s for walking outside because I don't immerse in them as much as the Portas. I use the Portas for gaming or when I want to sit and just listen. I think they are much fuller than the KSC75s. But when you can get the 75s for $10 and the Portas are like $35 there's no question just get the 75s and turn away. What you don't know won't hurt your wallet.
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by skylinedo
dont they share the same driver?

Same driver, but there's a different coating on the 75s. The PPs sound a touch less bright to my ears, but it's hard for me to tell how much of that is the better fit of the PPs (even when pressing the 75s onto my ears).

Either way, they're so similar that I bet most would fail an ABX between them (and I include myself in that).

May 2, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #5 of 14
They dont sound the same. The 75's a little brighter with some soundstage. in opposition to dan of steel, i use the porta pros with my iPod and use the 75's with my iBook. The portapros sound beefy, and i like that, but no soundstage. no idea how anyone can game with them.

May 2, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnum22
They dont sound the same. The 75's a little brighter with some soundstage. in opposition to dan of steel, i use the porta pros with my iPod and use the 75's with my iBook. The portapros sound beefy, and i like that, but no soundstage. no idea how anyone can game with them.

Uh, they don't sound the same to you. I think most (who don't participate in group think, and this isn't saying you are here) will find the differences, once fit is accounted for, minute if they can hear any at all.

May 2, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happytab
Do they sound the same - if not which is better sounding out of an ipod ?

Thanks.

Because of the looser fit, the ksc-75 has less boomy bass, which makes it sound a bit more balanced. This is a pretty easy to notice difference imho.

May 2, 2006 at 8:22 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
They sound similar enough.

I prefer the fit of the KSC-75.

-Matt

Do they stay in place - lounging around on the sofa for instance ?

May 2, 2006 at 1:10 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
yes they stay in place and you can even bend the earclips to make them fit better.

Hmm, I've had trouble keeping them on while lying down (on my back). They want to fall, even though I've bent the clips.

May 2, 2006 at 1:32 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks
Hmm, I've had trouble keeping them on while lying down (on my back). They want to fall, even though I've bent the clips.

I haven't, I've bended them pretty tight though. Maybe if you turn them on your ears a bit they'll stay on better while lying down.

How do I explain? Normally if you're standing up the koss logo is horizontal. If you turn them on your ears to the front so the middle of the clip rests on top of yours ears and the end of the clip rest behind your ears (a 90 degree turn forwards) and the koss logo is vertically when you stand up straight with the K pointing to the floor and the ss pointing to the sky then they'll stay on better if you lie down. If you lie down the koss logo will be horizontal again.
Is this clear? How I wish I had a digital camera right now.
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
I haven't, I've bended them pretty tight though. Maybe if you turn them on your ears a bit they'll stay on better while lying down.

How do I explain? Normally if you're standing up the koss logo is horizontal. If you turn them on your ears to the front so the middle of the clip rests on top of yours ears and the end of the clip rest behind your ears (a 90 degree turn forwards) and the koss logo is vertically when you stand up straight with the K pointing to the floor and the ss pointing to the sky then they'll stay on better if you lie down. If you lie down the koss logo will be horizontal again.
Is this clear? How I wish I had a digital camera right now.
biggrin.gif

Yes, it's clear! Thank you very much - I've tried it before and it does help a bit, but not as much as I'd like. But I suppose that in order to get a perfect fit, I'd have to rebend the clips to fit the vertical position, which just isn't worth it.

May 3, 2006 at 9:05 AM Post #14 of 14
They are very similar sounding, so it would lead me to beleive that they use the same drivers. The enclosures are different, and that causes some differences in sound, but very slightly!

If you get both, you can put the KSC75 drivers on the PP headband, and vice versa!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back