KSC75 v.s. HD580?
Jan 20, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by classicalguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the sound of my 580s a lot, but I find them uncomfortable after a short time. The KSC-75s are not in the same sound league, but I find them more comfortable. And they sound very good. For under $15, they are in a class by themselves. The 580s are 15x as expensive - not really a fair comparison.

I like the ksc-75s better than my Grado SR-60s for several reasons. The Sr-60's look and feel, well, dorky. They are not as comfortable to wear. Sound quality is a close call. I think the Sr-60s sound a tad better, but not worth the difference in price. I listen to the KSC-75s more than any other headphone, and they are very versitile.

A class by themselves at $15 is not hard at all is it? And has it ever been? I just don't think it's fair to say a piece of audio equipment sounds good but then marginalize based on it's cost. I like my Porta Pros at any price IMO it bettered the 600, 650 and the Grado's. I think the question should be what do the el cheapo Koss drivers sound like they cost? I never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Happy Listening.

Jan 20, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #17 of 18
I know that the hd580 are more detailed and smoother than the ksc. but the ksc has a upfront feeling. with the hd580 you feel like you are far away from the stage and sometimes feel veiled

Jan 20, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagasaki_Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that the hd580 are more detailed and smoother than the ksc. but the ksc has a upfront feeling. with the hd580 you feel like you are far away from the stage and sometimes feel veiled

Haha, I love your use of the word veiled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back