KSC75 too loose? help.
Mar 1, 2005 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

st3

Head-Fier
i just received the ksc75 i orderded from ecost.com today
the sound is amazing, however there are some minor problems.
one of the driver is not tightly connected to the "hook"
comparing the two sides, the right side's driver is clearly loosen.
i tried to reattach it, but it is still the same.

is that a common ksc75 problem?
or i got a defective product??
if so.. wut are my options to get a proper working ksc75

-steven

Mar 1, 2005 at 7:04 AM Post #3 of 7
i am aware of the bending rubber technique, and it does help, however, im pretty sure the headphone is a defect.

the " joint " between the hook and the driver is loose..and it came that way.
, so does any one know how to get an exchange from koss , or ecost?
kthx

Mar 1, 2005 at 7:06 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by st3
i am aware of the bending rubber technique, and it does help, however, im pretty sure the headphone is a defect.

, so does any one know how to get an exchange from koss , or ecost?
kthx

yeah i think craz misunderstood. i've heard of this problem before. my right driver is looser than the left one, though it hasn't been a problem. They are held against your ear normally, so it has to be pretty loose to be a problem while wearing. I think koss does some sort of $6 exchange policy, but i dont know if that is during or after your warranty period

Mar 1, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by st3

Do you mean the driver falls off easily, or is it just looser (swivels more easily) than the other side?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
my right driver is looser than the left one, though it hasn't been a problem.

Upon reading the many favourable comments about the KSC75 I just got one too (thanks Head-Fi!) and I'm enjoying it right now as I type.

My right driver is also looser than my left! But in fact my complaint is that my left one is too tight -- it does not swivel as freely as the right, and therefore cannot adapt to the angle of my ear as readily. The problem appears to lie with the tolerances of the clip mechanism holding the drivers (which I dare not investigate too much because the plastic wears out a bit each time I detach and re-attach the drivers). But I also find it not a serious problem -- my ear being also somewhat flexible can help accomodate the shortcomings of the hinge , and I think I'll just live with it.

Cheers

Mar 1, 2005 at 9:01 PM Post #6 of 7
My KSC-75's are about 4 months old. I loved them at first and didn't think much of the loose clip problem...infrequent. Today, the right and the left clips fall off about 2-3 times a week, usually in the pocket or in transition. I'm surprised I haven't lost or broken a clip as of yet. I'm at the verge of supergluing the clips to the joint.

Mar 2, 2005 at 7:13 AM Post #7 of 7
so.. do u think its worth the 6 dollars to send them to koss and get a replacement??
my ksc75 is brand new from ecost.com too...

now i gotta hurt my wallet more..i have a e3c on the way too..

rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back