KSC75 QC and prices
Sep 10, 2008 at 12:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

japc

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, had a problem with my 3 month old KSC75. The left channel cable broke somewhere after 3 months of normal use and hardly any abuse.

That arose some doubts about the Koss QC.

Even more having a Crossroad MylaroneX3 for more than a year and still going strong despite the bad quality claims.

Are there many KSC75 samples with this bad (build) quality?

Having to buy a new pair (of course
smily_headphones1.gif
) and ponder prices made me wonder.

How can there be such a price diference between EU and US, and even inside the US, between stores and ebay dealers?

Other than declaring it as $25 when shipping I haven't seen a hint of ebay stores selling them for their fair price ($8.5 is a steal I think).

How many diferent packaging layouts are there (seen the boxes oval, rectangular, ...)? Is there a diferent relation between those packaging formats and bad quality stocks?

As anyone experienced returning a pair of KSC75 to Koss under the warranty? Am I right in assuming that all the cheapo buys like those from ebay or somethіng have the catch of not being able to use the warranty for some reason?

Is that the only catch there is for those one-digit-price-for-ksc75 deals?

Sep 10, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps some eBay 75s are fakies?

Must say, though: The 75s are such good value, I'd just pay full price of them and enjoy the no-questions-asked warranty.

I would also if their european full price wasn't about 30 euros = $40, or 4.5 times the price on ebay listings :|

The last ones that broke I bought for, if I recall it correctly, $10 and they sounded like KSC75 to my hears. Not fakes.

I mean, I know they're dead cheap, but that should be their price out of production from the little I know. Where are they getting their profit margins from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its cable is quite fragile and thin anyway.
Try to solder a new,cheap cable before sending it to Koss.

Yeah, guess It must be that cable being the weak part. I tried to cut a bit to take out the broken part and them solder it back but with my ninja soldering skills I managed to break the cables going to the coil on the membrane.

I doubt their "no questions asked warranty" would cover the mess I made of it (if it even works with ebay bargains)

On the positive side I know have a working driver and a cheap cable for any future ksc75 repairs
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back