KSC75/PX100 of Computer Speakers?
Apr 13, 2006 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

crazychimp132

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a pair of desktop computer speakers with good bang for the buck. I don't need them to be extremely loud or have any incredible feature, I just want a somewhat accurate portrayal of the music for a cheap price, able to fill a room with music. This is similar to the KSC75 and PX100 headphones, which are accurate and fun to listen to for the price. Do these exist?

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 6
headphones and speakers are hard to directly correlate, the focus of what fun between the two are kind of different, imo. and individual taste ofcourse. but with headphones there are some big brands and they are always a house sound or somethign specific with it, with speakers its a bigger world. less bias.

choose one from this cerwin vega classic line:
http://www.cerwinvega.com/products/h.../overview.html
resonably is clsc-6. its only $65 at amazon.com, its not a big risk to take either. from what i found out they have good bass which is cerwin vega's strength, but with good mids and high too. they should be fun sounding. my friend rave about their performance.

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #3 of 6
Harman Kardon makes a three piece system that looks futuristic and costs about $110. I have a set and they sound great for the price.

See ya
Steve

Apr 14, 2006 at 4:50 AM Post #4 of 6
$249/pair doesn't seem too pricey for what the M-Audio BX-5a can do. They are internally bi-amped, powerful, accurate, and throw a really nice near-field image. Pretty sweet, and much better than I had anticipated.

Apr 14, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #5 of 6
The labtec edge 418 (lcs 2418) flatpanel speakers.

They are basicly small electrostatic speakers (using slab technology)
with a subwoofer.

These are very detailed and sound very nice and warm, the subwoofer is amazing to, it actually gives deep bass and quite tight to!

There are three sets of these in my family...

However they don't make them anymore, but you should still be able to get them somewhere.

Apr 14, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 6
Look into the Harmon Kardon line...good bang for the buck! Experiment with placement of the speakers to get the best sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back