KSC75 or PX 100
Jun 6, 2007 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

boo54577

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
So I made a post about headphones for under 50 a while back and I've decided between these two. My concern with the KSC75 is that since there so cheap, they probably arent as good as the PX 100. Would I be incorrect to assume this? Additionally, the way they attach onto your ear looks a little uncomfortable. Can anyone else confirm this? So if someone could mainly tell me whether the PX 100s are that much better in terms of quality, and I guess comfort somewhat too, I would be very appreciative. Thanks.

Jun 6, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 43
Quote:

My concern with the KSC75 is that since there so cheap, they probably arent as good as the PX 100. Would I be incorrect to assume this?

Yes. Actually KSC75 driver is based on Porta Pro's driver (PX100 direct competitor) which is titanium coated.

Which is better, depends on music you listen and sound preferences. PX100 produces rich and smooth sound, if bit bassy and treble rolled off. KSC75 produces bright and tight sound, overall much more rocking than PX100.

I prefer KSC75 by large margin.

*edit* PX100 is much more comfortable though. KSC75 isnt actually uncomfortable, but getting those clips adjusted right takes a while at first, and even then wearing them for an hour makes my earlobes bit sore.

Jun 6, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 43
Clip ons are somewhat uncomfortable and don't stay on your ear easily. If you are listening to these outside of the house, go PX100.

As for sound quality, they will both be comparable, but the KSC75 sound will be very washed out if there is much background noise at all, due to the nature of clip-ons.

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #5 of 43
Yeah I will be mainly listening to these outside my house, so it sounds like the px100 would be best for me. On the other hand, I will be traveling for a month and the clip ons would be more convenient... But I also don't want too much interference with the sound, so I'll probably end up getting the px100s.

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #8 of 43
My vote is for KSC 75s....in their pricerange, just superb.

If you're in the States just do the Wal-Mart headband thing & you're set.

(grrr....I wish Asda, UK store but owned by Wal-Mart, sold those radio sets so I could get the headband!)

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #10 of 43
well, there was already a thread just like this one a few days ago, if you do some search you may find it, there were some advices regarding your preferences to earclips – headbnd, once sometimes this takes a high importance is these level HP, so may check into it!

I have PX100 and heard KSC75 a lot – they are both good HP for the price, but I prefer PX100 because of the headband. Just hate smt in my hears (glasses are enough!!  )(in that price tag, I also like senns sound!

Cheers!

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #11 of 43
Another vote for the KSC75. Headband modding them might be a good choice since they can be a bit tricky at times and there's no good way to hang them around your neck if you need to take them off.

Other than that they're great phones with good quality, tight bass and a brighter sound than most portables. They're cheap too.

Or, when in doubt, buy both
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #13 of 43
I have both, love both. But I feel the KSC75 are better just slightly less comfortable. They are cheaper too! I say just buy both.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #15 of 43
I have had both, and I don't bother with the KSC75s anymore. The Senns are more refined in sound, have better bass, without the treble being too recessed. They are more comfortable, and are still highly portable.

But that being said the KSC75s are amazing value and come close to the Senns in sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back