KSC75 Mods!
Apr 14, 2009 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Thrashingshrimp

100+ Head-Fier
So I just dug out my old KSC75's and finally fixed them up so that they wouldn't make any rattling noise during playback (a hair was on the diaphragm). They sound amazing!

The problem is, I still hate the clips, and these things leak out wayyyy too much sound. So I'm looking for a couple of specific mods:

1. A headband mod. Not that cheapo partsexpress band (I'm using it, and it sucks quite frankly). I want a comfortable and durable band. Someth8ing less than 20 bucks is preferable.
2. Pads! I was thinking that sticking these things into some pads (like a px200's?), would decrease the sound leakage. Would it?
3. Anything that would help the sound quality other than kramer and quarter mod.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 14, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #2 of 4
1. You could do the Kossheiser mod. The clamping force and comfort is superb. That'll be more then 20$ I'm afraid, though. Unless you get the fake ones from ebay which will do the job but... yeah.

2. Dressing them in the px200 pads will only decrease the sound leakage from the front of the driver which made wonders to SQ in my experience.
But they're still remain an open back phones so peeps will still hear what you're listening to.

3. I'm afraid the kramer mod and the px200 pads is as good as it gets in terms of vast improvements to the SQ.
The rest are minor tweaks. You could further recable your KSC75's (asuming we belive it'll improve SQ[I'm still in the prosses of testing various combos]). Another thing I like to do is applying a small tiny bit of Blu Tak (plastelina clay will work aswell I asume) in the gap between the removable plastic mesh of the driver and the driver itself, thus firmly pinning it down and preventing any rattle/distortion caused by the lower notes. This is especially true if you go the px200 pads route since the drivers aren't resting directly on your ears now.

Apr 14, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 4
Drill the vents in the back (be careful). And you can't decrease sound leakage with open phones without destroying sound quality. Just get some cheap headband, slip a leather band over it (unless you're awesome at leather working, it'll probably be ugly; I tried doing one with stuffed cloth), secure with epoxy at the joints and strengthen the frame with more epoxy (maybe even a coating of liquid nails). You might have to scrounge the pads off of some closed supra-aural headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back