KSC75 amped > PX100 amped.
Apr 30, 2009 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Guest5

100+ Head-Fier
What a discovery is KSC75! I payed for them very little and they sound better than PX100 and much better than HD215. I burned the HD215 for 100 hours with no succes, their sound is bad, the highs are too airy and thin I just can't listen to them anymore. I didn't expect KSC75s to sound so beautiful, more dinamic sound than PX100 and also manage to have soundstage. PX100 is slow in the bass and overall slower, darker, soundstage is not there.

Although I must confidently say that KSC75 don't sound this good unamped and this is strange because they are easier to drive than PX100, their sound was a bit dry and thin. But amped... wow they are unbelievable, a $100, or more sound quality here. But before that I modded them, I took away the Koss KTX pro-1 headphones and placed there the KSC75 for better pressure on the ears, KSC75 in KTX-pro 1 headband. I really really love the sound, veery smooth and detailed, the highs are more natural than on PX100(I find the PX100 highs synthetic a bit and the bass while deep, dirty and overwhelming over freq. spectrum), the mids are whater like... the music is flowing fully, fresh and smooth, very pleasant to the ear. The dryness and thinness went away, there is fullness, completeness to the sound. I just wanted to let you know how happy I am with Koss KSC75.
smily_headphones1.gif
))))

Apr 30, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really really love the sound, veery smooth and detailed, the highs are more natural than on PX100(I find the PX100 highs synthetic a bit and the bass while deep, dirty and overwhelming over freq. spectrum), the mids are whater like... the music is flowing fully, fresh and smooth, very pleasant to the ear. The dryness and thinness went away, there is fullness, completeness to the sound. I just wanted to let you know how happy I am with Koss KSC75.
smily_headphones1.gif
))))

Totally agree.

I prefer my KSC75 even more than Super 5 fi.
redface.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also amp my KSC75 and often use +75 Ohms.

Definitely! 75 Ohms resistance + Kramer mod turns these into very impressive phones, and they scale surprisingly well with amplification.

Apr 30, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #6 of 10
I still like the sound of my portapro drivers better. I haven't done a good A/B test with them yet, but simply with listening to both for a good period of time the only thing I've noticed is the portapro has more bass. I use the PP drivers attached to the KSC 75 clips most of the time now. Methinks the 75s might be a tad more detailed though, but most of the detail it brings out is the crappy quality of the source file I'm using.

However, all of this is without an amp. Need to save up for one.

Apr 30, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #9 of 10
I use them also more than my MS1...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #10 of 10
You know what..? KSC75 the way I modded them(with headband) is such a phone you can listen to all the time and not miss the expensive headphones. They just sound right and balanced I guess, I have two pairs of good headphones the AKG 240DF(which are very good) and Etymotic Er4S(very good as well) and I don't feel I miss them, nor I feel I miss something in the music and if this is a delusion it is the best one yet, although maybe head to head those sound better indeed, but if I try to remember I can't so I enjoy the KSC75 as much as those expensive ones and on moderate volume levels KSC75 sound ideal to me.
smily_headphones1.gif
)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back