KSC35 vs KSC75?
Nov 19, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 12
75 = more bright and upfront mids, more treble sparkle and detail. KSC75 bass is more "airy" and less thud-like, bass while impactful doesn't have the "weight" behind it. The difference is subtle but IMHO noticeable.

KSC75 earhook can be easily bent for a custome fit. If the 35 doesn't fit your ear shape youre out of luck.

Garrett

Nov 19, 2005 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
75 = more bright and upfront mids, more treble sparkle and detail. KSC75 bass is more "airy" and less thud-like, bass while impactful doesn't have the "weight" behind it. The difference is subtle but IMHO noticeable.

KSC75 earhook can be easily bent for a custome fit. If the 35 doesn't fit your ear shape youre out of luck.

Garrett

So it sounds like the KSC75 is more comfortable, but which sounds more "grado-ey"?
rs1smile.gif

Nov 19, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #4 of 12
real head-fiers have the KSC35 for the nostalgia value bringing us back to 2001 haha...j/k

I have never used or listend to the KSC75 before. The fit of the 35's shouldn't be much of a problem since its just a plastic clip, and it really doesn't pinch or anything (its on a swivel, no springs). You just slide it around your ear, and it attaches gently. It's also extremely light so it does not weigh your ears down. If you have problems with fit than you must have very unusual ears.

The 35's are more subtle as they are a flat black colour with a small "KOSS" written in silver paint.

Nov 19, 2005 at 9:21 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
So it sounds like the KSC75 is more comfortable, but which sounds more "grado-ey"?
rs1smile.gif

KSC75... by a noticeable amount.

Nov 23, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #6 of 12
Well, I bought the ksc75 the other day at Circuit City for $20, and they sound pretty darn good. My only concern is bending them so they're angled right with some pressure. I don't want too much, because the bass is overpowering, but I want to be able to listen to them at rather low volumes and still have a full sound.

Any tips for bending the wire? Has anybody tried using attatching a piece of foam or other soft material for a better seal? They seem a little loose at the part of my ear closes to my chin.

Decent headphones, but with my fit, I'm not getting a full enough sound.

Nov 23, 2005 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 12
Dont be afraid to bend it hard. I, at one point, got so frustrated with its fit that I just pulled the clip straight and re-shaped it to fit my left ear. (Not that my left ear is special, but just that I didn't get it right with small twistings and bendings.) Anyway, my point is that the metal clips can really stand the abuse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuichi
Any tips for bending the wire?

Nov 23, 2005 at 3:40 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by raylpc
Dont be afraid to bend it hard. I, at one point, got so frustrated with its fit that I just pulled the clip straight and re-shaped it to fit my left ear. (Not that my left ear is special, but just that I didn't get it right with small twistings and bendings.) Anyway, my point is that the metal clips can really stand the abuse.

Oh, I've put it through hell already. Made the rubber turn white a little. I saw in a previous thread that someone's plastic piece broke, and he said they weren't very durable. Is this going to break if I put a bit of force on it?

Nov 23, 2005 at 12:27 PM Post #9 of 12
I have both KSC-75 and KSC-35. I have ended up my search and use only the KSC-35.
35 vs 75
KSC-35 Lighter
KSC-75 Heavier

KSC-35 Looks like a headphone
KSC-75 Looks like a toy

KSC-35 Better controlled bass
KSC-75 Bass is a little bit uncontrolled

KSC-35 Highs are very little bit recessed
KSC-75 Better presentaition in highs

KSC-35 Better 3d feeling
KSC-75 Less 3d feeling

KSC-35 Earpeace not bendable (you may mod)*
KSC-75 Bendable earpeace

KSC-35 Presents some cable microphonics
KSC-75 Presents less cable microphonics

KSC-35 Ear foams are thinner but better
KSC-75 Ear foams are thicker but tends to collect hair inside

These headphones are near identical in terms of sound quality but there are slight differences. Finally for my opinion KSC-35 is a better buy.
*=Detach the earhook from the headphone and bend the plastic after heating with a hot air gun or hair dryer.

Nov 23, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #10 of 12
I'm confused. Please help me here. I thought the KSC35 were discontinued and no longer available. Koss used to sell them at their web site, but no any more. What am I missing here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back