KSC35 Recable
Apr 18, 2006 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

atart

100+ Head-Fier
Well I've had the 35's for a while now as my secondary pair of phones and I must say I'm enjoying their sound a lot. I am looking into mods that are possible for them, mainly recable jobs. I'm no good with doing the recable myself, and am considering sending it out to someone to do it for me. As i understand, there are three available jobs:

1) blue dragon
2) canare starquad
3) grandenigma

could someone please fill me in on the prices of these and which one suits the 35 sound the most. With the UM2's as my other portable phones, I usually prefer my music with a bit extra bass.

also, any other recable job suggestions would be very helpful.

thanks

Apr 18, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #2 of 11
I recabled my KSC75's with Canare StarQuad, and I really like the new cable. I'm not the biggest believer in having uber-high quality cables that cost $2,000 per foot, but I really think the new cabled opened up the bass on the 75's, and just increased the overall clarity. And while the 75's and 35's are different, I suspect the result would be similar on either headphone.
580smile.gif

Apr 18, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #4 of 11
thanks for the replies

and how about the prices on these? i know the blue dragon is about 100 right?

thanks again

PS: also, where would i look for a 50ohm or a 75ohm resistor? and which one would be a better match with the ksc35?

Apr 19, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #6 of 11
when you recable the koss', it seems like it wouldnt be too tough a job. i was just looking at the connection today and all you have to do is desolder the existing stuff and then solder the new ones on right? just the two sides. i put some conductive circuit write on the connections on my 75s and im not sure if its placebo, but i think it sounds better, not sure

Apr 19, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by atart
any idea if theres much of a difference between a 50 ohm and a 75 ohm resistor?

yea, about 25ohm
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by atart
and how much are these resistors? any idea if theres much of a difference between a 50 ohm and a 75 ohm resistor?

You unamped guys just need to be careful when doing this... they will require a bit more power behind them but definitely sound much more controled in the bottom end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back